[X3R] HQ + Xenon

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

thelebk
x3ap

[X3R] HQ + Xenon

Post by thelebk » Fri, 9. Aug 13, 07:26

Couple questions:

1) I just got the quest to goto kingdoms end regarding an HQ quest. I have about 3 mil credits, a factory couple transports and completed 5 missions in the main quest. Should I try this HQ quest thing? My resources are very limited if it is an expensive or dangerous quest I wont succeed. My best fighting ship is a Nova.

2) I bought a treasure map which led me to an area in pirate space where I found an abandoned Xenon L. I claimed it. Is this thing worth having? Also, if I fly it will the Xenon think I am a friend and let me into their sectors like a Trojan horse?

IConquer
x3ap

Post by IConquer » Fri, 9. Aug 13, 07:54

The xenon L is a fairly decent M3, but in my opinion there are quite a few that are better. For free, though, it's quite decent.

Also, factions will always recognize you as your player faction and other factions as those other factions. You can never climb into a random ship from another faction and fool them into believing that you're with them.
Game played: X3:AP unless otherwise specified

navetta
x3ap

Post by navetta » Fri, 9. Aug 13, 08:36

What are your ships?

You wont be able to complete the HQ plot because at very end they require you to buy a Trading Dock, load it on your own TL (which you also need to buy) and dock it at the Boron shipyard before they build you an HQ.

This plot will allow you to retrieve a very special and unique ship however you will need an M6 able to fit a tractor beam.

You should definitely wait until you have more credits.

Baratheon79
x3tc

Post by Baratheon79 » Fri, 9. Aug 13, 11:10

navetta wrote: This plot will allow you to retrieve a very special and unique ship however you will need an M6 able to fit a tractor beam.
Actually, if I remember correctly...
Spoiler
Show
You can get an M6 in the same area as the "very special and unique ship," along with an assortment of other ships.
Still, a TL will certainly be needed. The elephant should work fine, and that's the cheapest (and can double as a cheap carrier if you want).

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Fri, 9. Aug 13, 12:21

1) You probably can not finish it right now, but doing the first couple of misssions make the M3+ available to buy. You can resume that plot later.

2) The L is a very crappy M3. Just look at the weapon generator.
Right on commander !

thelebk
x3ap

Post by thelebk » Sat, 10. Aug 13, 19:31

Thanks all. I suspected that such a mission would be more than I can chew. I have a couple of argon mercuries, a split caiman, a large wheat farm, a buster, a nova, and the salvaged L. The stats on the L, especially the laser recharge and lack of a rear turret, make it a pretty poor M3. Should I just sell the wreck for credits? or perhaps outfit it a bit and assign it to defend my wheat farm? (the farm is in safe space in the wall) I have heard the HQ somehow lets you break down and reverse engineer ships. Should I save it for that? Honestly I cannot imagine a situation where I would build an L when much better M3s are everywhere....

As to a TL I think those run around 20 mil credits. I am no where close to that and would buy a bunch of other ships before I would buy a TL... Still it sounds like the first couple segments of the quest may be in reach and they open some new possibilities...

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Sat, 10. Aug 13, 19:43

I would definitely sell that piece of junk.
Now, if you capture a LX, that is another story.
Right on commander !

navetta
x3ap

Post by navetta » Sat, 10. Aug 13, 19:45

The L is average at best... The LX however is an absolute beast, they are tough as hell to beat and if you can get your hands on one definitely use it as your personal ship. You can easily farm up to M6's.

thelebk
x3ap

Post by thelebk » Sat, 10. Aug 13, 22:58

LX Good grief is that ship class even in reunion? If it is it sounds like I will have no chance to cap it with a nova. Come to think of it... I do not think I have ever capped a xenon ship of any kind!

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 11. Aug 13, 08:40

The LX *is* in Reunion, and it's often said to be the most powerful M3 in the game. I don't think you'll get them appearing until the mission that unlocks the other M3+ ships (Split Chimera, Argon Eclipse etc) happens, though.

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Sun, 11. Aug 13, 08:46

No, the LX is spawned among Xenon forces right at the start of the game.
Of course, it is not easy to capture one without decent equipement, which means most players will have played the game quite a bit by then.
Right on commander !

davydbudden
x3tc

Post by davydbudden » Sun, 11. Aug 13, 16:00

as for needing an M6 I used a nova vanguard for towing, the only hard part was finding a tractor beam as only 1 factory still remained at that point.

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Sun, 11. Aug 13, 16:08

UH ? I am pretty confident no M3 can mount the TB in the vanilla game.
Right on commander !

thelebk
x3ap

Post by thelebk » Sun, 11. Aug 13, 22:09

No M3 I have seen in reunion can take a TB. That's one of the reasons I am saving for a centaur. Thanks all good stuff.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”