X2 never ending xenon invasion !

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Destrolly

X2 never ending xenon invasion !

Post by Destrolly » Fri, 9. Aug 13, 22:35

ok ...i was wondering near xenon sectors in search of quests and ran over on what is called a mass invasion of xenons it seeems ..it's happening in the sector family njy if i recall well..and it's spreading to the neighbour sectors . I've killed like 3 J's , 2 K's and a lot of L M N 's but they just keep coming. THe thing is that i did not start any quest with xenon invasion or any other q . I'm thinking that the reason could be that i wreaked havoc in one of their systems near Getsu Fune ...and they're trying to have they're revenge on me or what ? Does anyone have the same problem ? :lol:

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 9. Aug 13, 22:41

That was a problem in early versions of the game. Are you sure you're patched up to the latest version?

Destrolly

Post by Destrolly » Fri, 9. Aug 13, 22:43

CBJ wrote:That was a problem in early versions of the game. Are you sure you're patched up to the latest version?

My currently version is 1.4rc1..i've never patched it.

brownthomasw
x3ap

Post by brownthomasw » Fri, 9. Aug 13, 22:47

hmmm? hiw much to let on? you have to end the mission i suppose and i think i probably asked this same question someone had to tell me. Are you sure you killed the J's or did they dissapear like a jump drive? It's the infamous jumping J's. They still exit in tc though i'm not sure tc invasions are different. Anyway they jumped to where the invasion came from and will keep the mission going and come back and deposit more fighters. Killing them in the time it takes to dump thier fighters is tough and they rarely stay much longer.
Spoiler
Show
It's easier to follow them back to xenon territory, find out which ones they are and kill them there. It's usually 2 J's off on thier own. You can get the id number of thier ship in thier info. they start to pay insane money if you don't already get insane money for invasion missions in x2.
[/spoiler]

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 9. Aug 13, 22:53

Hm. There's only one newer patch than that and it doesn't have anything related to XI missions in it.

Having re-read your post, though, I'm not sure it's actually an XI mission that we're talking about. If you wiped out the Xenon in one location then it's quite possible that you will get an influx of Xenon from the sector containing the Xenon shipyard trying to repopulate the area you wiped out, but passing through various other sectors on the way. If they get destroyed then more will follow, and it may look like a deliberate invasion attempt when it's in fact just Xenon passing through and getting attacked as they do so.

Destrolly

Post by Destrolly » Sat, 10. Aug 13, 00:39

yea....i've said that i didnt take any xenon mission ..i think you're right with this..welll thx a lot for your help ..i guesss when im in the mood for a fight i'll just jump to that sector :P

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”