Firing missiles from lasers

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

J.M.

Firing missiles from lasers

Post by J.M. » Fri, 9. Aug 13, 22:48

I read some where that if you remove all the laser groups from a ship, that it should be able to fire missiles from the lasers instead. i cant for the life of me find where i read that but ive tried it and it didnt work. so basically what im after is to fire missiles from 4 invisable lasers like the ones mounted on a m7m, but from the main cockpit. any ideas of how i can do this?

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Fri, 9. Aug 13, 22:50

If you remove all the weapons from a cockpit I think it just doesn't have a mount. I don't think you can have a "missile turret" that's not a turret.
Not 100% sure though.
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Fri, 9. Aug 13, 23:32

just define a missile turret on the ship, when flying in maincockpit it will automatically use the missileports from the turret.
You cant do it directly afaik
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

TonyEvans
x4

Post by TonyEvans » Sat, 10. Aug 13, 01:18

Is there a way to remove the turret altogether and just have the missile launch from where the turret would be? Even if it's just randomly out of a hole. I'd be totally OK with that.

Also, while we're talking weapons, is there a way to make a shotgun-type weapon? Using one of the flags under TBullets? I have http://www.argonopedia.org/wiki/TBullets.txt_(X3) open and I'm looking, but I'm not entirely sure. I also googled around a good bit, but nothing came up.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”