X3AP Albion plot made me feel like an idiot

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

stoudtlr
x3ap

X3AP Albion plot made me feel like an idiot

Post by stoudtlr » Mon, 12. Aug 13, 20:06

I decided to start the Albion Prelude plot last night and about halfway through it I ran into issues. The mission where
Spoiler
Show
you are told to protect the Jonferco HQ's but there's no way to stop it from blowing up
I reloaded my save from just prior to entering the sector and retried that mission at least a dozen times before getting fed up and checking out Roguey's guide for it and realizing that what I thought was going wrong was actually supposed to happen.

I wasted sooo much time doing that. :roll:

Please tell me I'm not the only one that did that.

HydraX
x4

Post by HydraX » Mon, 12. Aug 13, 20:50

well... i did it at start to, gave up on 4th time :lol:

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Mon, 12. Aug 13, 21:05

I did that in Freespace, 10 years ago when that game was popular.

Not all mission goals are achievable, it's somewhat realistic - they send you in to defend the station but you just simply cannot succeed, and the plot continues from there.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Tue, 13. Aug 13, 00:49

It happened to me when Beta testing the JFC mission.
Reloaded twice before checking in at L3 forum. :oops:

stoudtlr
x3ap

Post by stoudtlr » Tue, 13. Aug 13, 01:24

I'm glad there are missions that don't end the way you would expect them to. It adds a little unpredictability that other games sometimes lack.

Glad too that I wasn't the only one thrown off by it. :D

Only thing that could make the missions like that better, in my opinion, is if either outcome was possible and the outcome you got would have an affect on future missions / gameplay.

firestorm79
x4

Post by firestorm79 » Tue, 13. Aug 13, 12:07

What would x be like if the quests were as detailed and non-linear as say skyrim? ? That would be amazing...

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Tue, 13. Aug 13, 14:05

What would it be if the missions were as varied as Freespace 2, heh.

I remember one mission, just fly through the gate and scan the sector, no biggie. Ok through we go... SHIT PULL UP PULL UP PULL UP big ship using the gate, you have 5 seconds to react and afterburn upwards or it slams you. All scripted.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”