kha'ak invasion

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Maxdamaged

kha'ak invasion

Post by Maxdamaged » Tue, 13. Aug 13, 03:30

Hello all, quick question. I started played as a merchant the other day. I'm about 8 hrs into the game and 2 dozen or so kha'ak come into Argon prime and start blowing up stations... I have nothing that can fight the destroyers and carriers. What should I do? Will the stations in Argon prime be gone forever? Will the kha'ak stop?

Also, is there a way I can make a profit off this? War is usually good for the economy.

ALIBOB

Post by ALIBOB » Tue, 13. Aug 13, 03:46

run!

haha the stations will be rebuilt over time, I haven't played TC for a while but as far as I remember the Kha'ak don't often invade argon pride (at least not to the extent you're talking about)

Maxdamaged

Post by Maxdamaged » Tue, 13. Aug 13, 03:49

Yea, my discoverer and mosquito missiles aren't doing much....

An Argon colossus just came in. It seems to be whopping them. Lol

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Tue, 13. Aug 13, 04:42

There's always a Kha'ak invasion somewhere. Once they get blown out of Argon Prime (which the Argon military will see to in fairly short order) it will start somewhere else. Location is random and maybe there's some sort of timer before the next one starts. Sometimes they land in a place where no one does anything about them and you eventually will stumble into a sector with a couple destroyers and some wreckage. In Argon Prime they will get handled though.

As to profiting, as long as you are in the sector when stuff blows up there will be salvage crates in the wreckage. The casualties in the fighting may leave a missile or whatnot. When a freighter gets thrashed it may leave a bigger load of some cargo. When a station goes up it will often leave a significant pile of products and or resources that you can pick up. The trick of course is getting the salvage picked up without becoming part of the wreckage yourself.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

brownthomasw
x3ap

Post by brownthomasw » Tue, 13. Aug 13, 07:12

They laid waste to Argon Prime in the begining how tragic. It's Presidents End all over again. Thats the still ruined sector to the right and down from Argon prime. It's Random attacks now. Look for PPC's, Ion Cannons, flak and anything that sounds like guns floating around. You may need a frieghter to pick some of them up.

AgamemnonArgon
x3tc

Post by AgamemnonArgon » Tue, 13. Aug 13, 22:54

Anytime fighters or warships belonging to anyone are destroyed there is a chance that items such as missiles or weapoons will be left over.

As a player advances, those leftover items should become more valuable.

In the beginning of a game, hanging out in Pirate sectors can produce these items as the pirates destroy shipping.

As one advances, and destroys the largest of Capital ships, the largest and best items may follow.
Argon Patriot and Battlemaster
Peace - Through Superior Firepower

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”