[X3TC] Pirate spawning

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

shabitz
x4

[X3TC] Pirate spawning

Post by shabitz » Fri, 16. Aug 13, 17:53

I was under the impression that pirates that are patrolling around the sectors do not just spawn out of thin air. I'm based out of Clarity's end I have both gates on lock down up in the north and east corners. I'm constantly getting pirate spawns coming from the south west. I've checked that entire area down there and have not found a single pirate base unless it is several 1000km out off the map. Is that even possible?

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Fri, 16. Aug 13, 17:56

Once a pirate base is destroyed another will spawn somewhere randomly. So there is a chance that there is a base hidden somewhere. Try to track back the pirate patrols.

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Fri, 16. Aug 13, 18:24

CLS pilots know more about their local area than you do, and they have a union that shares information. Take any CLS 2 pilot anywhere and choose 'generate waypoints', Clarity's End, 0, bio, sunrise flowers, buy, average price, 100. Then check his waypoint list. If there is a pirate base in the sector it will be there.

Use a logistician pilot and range of 100 he will give you a list of every pirate base in known sectors.

Put the ship in Clarity's End with a cargo of sunrise flowers, edit the single waypoint from a buy to a sell for average price and he will head right for it.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

shabitz
x4

Post by shabitz » Fri, 16. Aug 13, 20:07

great tip Tim , I just checked and there's no pirate bases in my sector. So now I'm confused as ever as to why pirates just spawn in that corner, I guess you could say they flew there from the planet surface and leave it as that, time to step up some patrols

cakes
x4

Post by cakes » Fri, 16. Aug 13, 23:40

Been away from the game for several months and just came back to X3AP 3.0, only to find exactly what you're describing. It's happened alot to me in the last few days and I witnessed a pirate fighter group spawn out of thin air in Hatikahs Faith (right in the middle of the main West to East traffic route at zero elevation and within the full sphere of my adv. Satellites). So no chances they just wandered into detection range and definately no pirate base there. Only ever seen it whilst viewing OOS, but every time it's happened this type of group has spawned near a complex of mine and attacked it immediately.

shabitz
x4

Post by shabitz » Sat, 17. Aug 13, 00:32

It's happened to me while I'm in system within Advanced sat range while I'm only about 20 to 30km away, its very odd

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Sat, 17. Aug 13, 01:03

To ensure random pirate Chaos, Egosoft seeded one of the pirate bases in TC in X596 way up north-east, which ensures it'll be destroyed by the Xenon and pop up somewhere to cause trouble.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

AgamemnonArgon
x3tc

Post by AgamemnonArgon » Sat, 17. Aug 13, 01:11

Pirate Bases cause problems once destroyed as they will respawn randomly.
All one can do is try to locate them again.
Argon Patriot and Battlemaster
Peace - Through Superior Firepower

Focker

Post by Focker » Sat, 17. Aug 13, 21:22

Pirates will sometimes randomly appear like that it happens in my game all the time in Gunne's Crusade where I have a complex and there is no pirate base in the sector. Luckily for me they are almost always blue and don't attack because I do trade, taxi, and covert ops missions for pirates now and then.

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Sun, 18. Aug 13, 14:32

Yep pirate patrols can spawn anywhere. No base in the sector is needed. It's just a base will definitely spit out patrols if they are located near you. Oh and ofc in a pirate sector they will spawn without a base. The random ones can happen in any normal race space. I've yet to see one in an unknown sector without a base tho. Not sure on that one.
Yaki can pull off the same trick.
I've had a random pirate patrol attack my mining fleet in kingdoms end when I know for a fact there's no pirate bases within at least 10 jumps. With large defensive fleets at every entrance to the area.

AgamemnonArgon
x3tc

Post by AgamemnonArgon » Sun, 18. Aug 13, 14:37

Yeah, some of my Mistral Superfreighters got bounced by a few Pirate fighters, they virtually walked past the Centaur guarding the gate to a sector they were harvesting ore.

I lost eight or nine like sitting ducks, before I worked out what was going on.

Now I have increased the Sector defence with two sections of two fighters on permanant CAP.

Even so, it's always good the game can surprise like that.
Argon Patriot and Battlemaster
Peace - Through Superior Firepower

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Sun, 18. Aug 13, 14:46

Haha yep exactly the same thing here. And my pirate rep was very good too. The nearest pirate base to kingdoms end is actually in the same sector as one of my massive complexes with no problems at all.

But yes I agree, it's good. Pirates be pirates, and even if you're good with them they will still help point out weak spots in your defences :D

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”