Auto pilot woes since last steem update

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Aitch
x3tc

Auto pilot woes since last steem update

Post by Aitch » Sat, 17. Aug 13, 17:33

Hi anyone else had intermittent problems with autopilot since last update or is it just me. Not a big problemmo but annoying. Aitch.
Aitch

Terre
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Terre » Sat, 17. Aug 13, 19:28

What intermittent problems, a better description of what is happening would be very helpful.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 17. Aug 13, 19:47

.. also probably best to ask on the X-Universe (gameplay) forum to start with as more Players will see it there. No-one else seems to be reporting any such issues so I would first suspect a stuck or intermittent joystick or controller key/button issue or poor calibration - especially if these peripherals have been recently introduced or changed in some manner.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Sat, 17. Aug 13, 20:11

There has been a thread on this before:

I had a similar problem and as it transpired I had to reconfigure my Joystick and up date its drivers to get over the problem.

A quick test is to try and calibrate your joystick via the control panel.
This normaly highlights the aberrant behaviour as it wont calibrate properly.

Aitch
x3tc

Post by Aitch » Sat, 17. Aug 13, 21:24

Intermittent as in one minute it works fine the next it don't. All started after last steam update. Thanks Shaun will try your suggestion. Aittch
Aitch

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sat, 17. Aug 13, 22:54

But in what way is it not working?

The other night I had my ship on auto pilot to exit a gate in a Terran sector.
First it decicided to stear away from the gate...then when it was close to a station ,but not on collision course, it suddenly...and I mean abrubtly... dived into the station too quick for me to react in time ! :evil:

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Sun, 18. Aug 13, 12:58

I found all controls unresposive and seta unavailable couldn't target stations ships etc and the cursor was traveling all over the screen like it was overdosed on stimulants.

I'm no dev but I believe it is a conflict with old drivers that used to work fine and what is required after the up date.

I also run a vanilla game and never had this happen prior to the update.
At the same time I also updated my graphics card driver files and not had a problem since. (Note deleting local files and reinstalling also failed to resolve the problem). Which is why I concluded it was a driver conflict issue.

Aitch
x3tc

Post by Aitch » Sun, 18. Aug 13, 14:29

Hi all tried shauns suggestions and also tried it without joystick plugged in all to no avail. What happens is I target a station , engage autopilot then I get Bettie saying "autopilot off". As I said earlier it only started after last Steam update. Last time they did an update I and several other members had to re-install the whole game. I can live with this problem I suppose but never had a problem with Egosoft updates. Thanks anyway Aitch
Aitch

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sun, 18. Aug 13, 15:34

I got that with mine.
Just switch to "Run in background...<<< no>>>"
in the Gameplay menu.

This is a bug that never got ironed out in Beta.

the ginga ninja
x4

Post by the ginga ninja » Sun, 18. Aug 13, 18:16

Aitch wrote:Hi all tried shauns suggestions and also tried it without joystick plugged in all to no avail. What happens is I target a station , engage autopilot then I get Bettie saying "autopilot off". As I said earlier it only started after last Steam update. Last time they did an update I and several other members had to re-install the whole game. I can live with this problem I suppose but never had a problem with Egosoft updates. Thanks anyway Aitch
I've had this problem as well. As soon as I Shift-D to dock at a station, I would get "Autopilot Off" immediately. I always kept hitting Shift-D until it stayed on. Thanks for bringing this up, as TTD's suggestion seems to have fixed it for me.
New to X? Totally frustrated because you don't know where to start? So was I. Save yourself a few hours of frustration and check out daviddowner's X3 Walkthrough! Srsly, it's worth it.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”