Building Reputation with the Yaki

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

NewtSoup
x4

Building Reputation with the Yaki

Post by NewtSoup » Sat, 17. Aug 13, 19:22

Just want to ask -

How can I build reputation with the Yaki using only trade when I can only dock with the shipyard?

They don't attack me so I know I'm not that much of an enemy to them but they don't let me dock.

Will building a station in savage spur or ocrakokes storm work? with something they need for their IBL Forges?
I am a rock in the wind, watch how I plummet!
Gamer Girl since 1981 Mistress of Heavy Landings since 1984 (BBC-B Elite)

Corei7 7700, 16GB Ram, MSI RX6700XT, Sidewinder FFB2, Kubuntu 22.04

Hemmingfish

Post by Hemmingfish » Sat, 17. Aug 13, 19:40

Accept build missions from their IBL forges and shipyard. It'll boost their economy, net a decent wad of cash and significantly improve your relations with them.

brownthomasw
x3ap

Post by brownthomasw » Sat, 17. Aug 13, 19:43

check the shipyard often as long as they don't attack you on site and do a trade mission if thats what you're asking. I guess they don't need wares at the shipyard but they do need rides places, they ask for station builds, and follow missions, there may be others. Buying things sometimes helps race rep a little but i'm not sure with the yaki.

If you could dock at thier other stations supplying them might help but if they come to you to buy (which i'm not sure they will) that might raise rep a little. Once you can dock at those stations they may ask you to get them TS ship. If you do they'll start sending it out to buy things possibly from u.

I'm no expert on the yaki though. I've only recently started having good relations with them. In the beggining they usually let me dock after doing one or two of any kind of mission for them.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Sat, 17. Aug 13, 19:52

Sell capped ships at the Yaki shipyard. They like that, being of a piratical bent.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

NewtSoup
x4

Post by NewtSoup » Sat, 17. Aug 13, 22:28

Cheers, both suggestions are good. I shall keep an eye out for trade missions and perhaps retrieve the ship missions. Combat is out because I've fired a total of 27 shots none of which hit a target and I aim to keep it that way.. decided to try a pure trade game.. though I may be forced to use AI combat later I'll postpone that as long as possible.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sat, 17. Aug 13, 22:47

Once you have enough rep,you'll be able to trade in Weaver's Tempest for more rep.
Passenger transport missions for the Yaki helped me get in there. I now have 6 complexes dotted through Yaki Space and making plenty of credits.

AgamemnonArgon
x3tc

Post by AgamemnonArgon » Sat, 17. Aug 13, 23:43

Yaki are more friendly and easier to trade with than the Paranid.

(With the Paranid I just ended up putting a station in their space and traded that way).

The Yaki starcarrier called the Hoshi is a valuable asset, their Ryu type TL is very useful, and the Tenjin M3 fighter is excellent.

It certainly does not take long before the Yaki pirates will offer to sell you most things.
Argon Patriot and Battlemaster
Peace - Through Superior Firepower

KipperTheFish
x3tc

Post by KipperTheFish » Sun, 18. Aug 13, 04:03

Try building a SPP complex in Weaver's Tempest. Train up a CAG elsewhere so he can start jumping straight away to buy resources.
Pushing up the anti, I know you're gonna see me, Read 'em and weep, The deadman's hand again.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Sun, 18. Aug 13, 04:46

Luke Skyscraper wrote:Cheers, both suggestions are good. I shall keep an eye out for trade missions and perhaps retrieve the ship missions. Combat is out because I've fired a total of 27 shots none of which hit a target and I aim to keep it that way.. decided to try a pure trade game.. though I may be forced to use AI combat later I'll postpone that as long as possible.
I suddenly got the meaning of this...you aren't capping ships so you have nothing to sell them.

It would be an expense, but you could just buy them some ships and deliver them. It probably wouldn't take all that much to get them to where you can trade with their other stations.

Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sun, 18. Aug 13, 06:49

I love the way Tim thinks. :D
Always looking at things from a different perspective than I do. :thumb_up: :thumb_up:

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Sun, 18. Aug 13, 09:21

TTD wrote:I love the way Tim thinks. :D
Always looking at things from a different perspective than I do. :thumb_up: :thumb_up:
Wow. Thanks. :)

Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Mousse9
x3tc

Post by Mousse9 » Sun, 18. Aug 13, 11:04

When I went to Yaki space for the first time, I was neutral to them. They didn't attack me, but I couldn't dock anywhere either.

People told me that if there was a pirate base somewhere in Yaki space (mine was in Ocracoke's Storm), you can do missions for them, and if you're lucky, the mission giver is a Yaki, thus increasing rep with them.

I did several Transport Passenger and Build Station missions, and suddenly I could dock. Hope this helps.

NewtSoup
x4

Post by NewtSoup » Sun, 18. Aug 13, 12:49

I have indeed been lucky.. I got a "build" mission and a deliver cartography chips from the same station so I bought a ryu off them (cost me the bulk of my credits so far but hey it's a work horse),. delivered the cartography chps and now just about to stick in the factory they want.. hope it's enough

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Sun, 18. Aug 13, 13:18

There is a technique that I've developed. It's a bit naughty, but came as a direct result of trying to get reps up without any combat or missions.

Pure direct trade. Now this is a very slow way of getting up rep, and will not work very well at all for very high rep ranks.
I had to use the ship selling trick of tims to get to the point I could dock ships in the IBL forges and Booze fabs in weavers.
And then I docked one TS in each station. I then delivered energy to all the TS ships from outside sources.
Then order each TS to sell 1 unit of energy at minimum price. The TS's will then sit there feeding energy into the factories one unit at a time.
Due to the fact you get a tiny bit of rep per transaction. You end up getting a lot more rep selling it one unit at a time than if you sold it in bulk.

NewtSoup
x4

Post by NewtSoup » Sun, 18. Aug 13, 14:59

Yes, the Chips and the Argon Mosquito Missile factory did it along with buying a Ryu from them.

The Yaki are very happy and have called me friend. Bought me a drink too. I've even been invited for a special picnic in the airlock they like me so much. They say there's an excellent view from there.

IanFitzJo
x3tc

Post by IanFitzJo » Wed, 21. Aug 13, 15:15

I worked up my Yaki rep by doing build missions for the pirates. It ultimately required me to build a couple of factories in Weaver's Tempest under heavy fire, but I made it in and out alive and allowed me access to the IBL Forge and the Shipyard, which I didn't have previously.

AgamemnonArgon
x3tc

Post by AgamemnonArgon » Thu, 22. Aug 13, 19:38

I have not built factories for the Yaki, but they do seem to be much easier than the average Pirates to get on trading terms with.

Stay with it, or even build your own station in their space, and trading will become much welcomed by them.
Argon Patriot and Battlemaster
Peace - Through Superior Firepower

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 22. Aug 13, 21:41

Timsup2nothin wrote:
Luke Skyscraper wrote:Cheers, both suggestions are good. I shall keep an eye out for trade missions and perhaps retrieve the ship missions. Combat is out because I've fired a total of 27 shots none of which hit a target and I aim to keep it that way.. decided to try a pure trade game.. though I may be forced to use AI combat later I'll postpone that as long as possible.
I suddenly got the meaning of this...you aren't capping ships so you have nothing to sell them.

It would be an expense, but you could just buy them some ships and deliver them. It probably wouldn't take all that much to get them to where you can trade with their other stations.
Problem is, I've never noticed a rep increase for any of the races when I sell ships at their shipyards. I'm pretty sure you only get rep increases when you sell wares. That's one of the reasons I always sell off anything in a ship's cargo hold before selling the ship.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Thu, 22. Aug 13, 22:58

I have. A lot of times on a fresh start in Argon Prime region my first foray into Boron space will be to unload a dubiously acquired ship at the KE shipyard before it gets reported stolen. If it is an M3, or even a TP in a hauler model or a quality M4 I usually get my first rep bump with the Boron for it.

Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 23. Aug 13, 20:29

Upon further investigation, I'm sorry to say I'm right and you're wrong. In turn, I sold a TS, a TL and an M2 to the Paranid in Trinity Sanctum, with whom my rep was Nomad (7 whole rep points using the script editor and 'more information'). My rep didn't budge one point after any of the sales. This is as I expected and observed after hundreds of ship sales in past games. So I'm puzzled why you see a rep gain from ship sales. :?
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”