Sector trader question

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

erevo

Sector trader question

Post by erevo » Sun, 18. Aug 13, 09:56

I leave my traders on sector trader in safe regions, because universe traders are too annoying to deal with since they keep getting themselves in trouble. Anyway, if I let them trade within 1 jump, is it a good idea to put satellites in all of those sectors? Or will they know without satellites what the prices are in those areas, because they are controlled by the AI?

ajm317
x4

Post by ajm317 » Sun, 18. Aug 13, 10:19

ST's do not require satellites to know what the local prices are.

AgamemnonArgon
x3tc

Post by AgamemnonArgon » Sun, 18. Aug 13, 14:44

I also like my Sector traders belong to a character of the areas they trade in, therefore I jump ships to Paranid, Split, Teladi, Boron or Argon areas before activating the Sector Trader.

Satellites are no really required, but for game immersion, I will place three or four satellites in most sectors, one or two of those being advanced.
Argon Patriot and Battlemaster
Peace - Through Superior Firepower

Honved
x3tc

Post by Honved » Mon, 19. Aug 13, 17:03

Satellites aren't required by the ST, but it really helps to have one in place so you can see prices, stocks, and other info to check up on your traders and their markets now and then.

I generally place standard Navigational Satellites in most sectors, with Advanced ones only being used for their greater scanner coverage in places where there's routine Pirate or Xenon activity, or in sectors where I expect to place a factory or complex later. For the last application, the camera view can be indispensable, justifying the extra cost.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Mon, 19. Aug 13, 18:47

Honved wrote:Satellites aren't required by the ST, but it really helps to have one in place so you can see prices, stocks, and other info to check up on your traders and their markets now and then.

I generally place standard Navigational Satellites in most sectors, with Advanced ones only being used for their greater scanner coverage in places where there's routine Pirate or Xenon activity, or in sectors where I expect to place a factory or complex later. For the last application, the camera view can be indispensable, justifying the extra cost.
For the last application I carry one advanced sat in the ship I use when I'm supervising construction (currently my Magnetar) and kick it out the airlock when the TL arrives, then pick it back up. But I'm a notorious cheapskate.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Mon, 19. Aug 13, 20:27

I usually only place satellites in sectors that have shipyards. Because I can remotely buy ships from shipyards if I have a satellite there. Any other factory, you need a TS ship at the factory in order to buy goods, so no satellite is needed.

I place some satellites at the sectors that transit into pirate or xenon areas too, so I can see if there's possibly a large force incoming into the trading lanes.

EDIT: Automated traders don't need satellites, because they are controlled by the AI.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”