X3 Albion Prelude 3.0 and Mac OS X status?

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Mr Jones
x4

X3 Albion Prelude 3.0 and Mac OS X status?

Post by Mr Jones » Mon, 19. Aug 13, 03:18

Hi devs

I purchased X3AP on the App Store for my Macbook. I notice though this version is still v2.51 and not the latest and greatest X3AP that is available for Windows. Therefore I can not use great add ons like the X3 XRM Rebalance Mod which only supports 3.0+.

I contacted the support link and the company that did the conversion (Virtual Programming Ltd) responded that Egosoft had cancelled the contract with them and therefore they will not be updating X3AP on the Mac. :(

This is rather unfortunate. Does Egosoft have plans to continue developing X3AP on the Mac?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 19. Aug 13, 10:46

As you may have noticed, we already have our own Mac port of X3R available for test and we will extending this to X3TC and X3AP soon. We are doing our best to ensure continuity for those who already own the existing Mac versions but there are elements of this that our not under our direct control. Watch the sticky threads in this forum for updates. :)

Mr Jones
x4

Post by Mr Jones » Mon, 19. Aug 13, 12:23

CBJ wrote:As you may have noticed, we already have our own Mac port of X3R available for test and we will extending this to X3TC and X3AP soon. We are doing our best to ensure continuity for those who already own the existing Mac versions but there are elements of this that our not under our direct control. Watch the sticky threads in this forum for updates. :)
Thank you sir. :wink:

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”