X3:Reunion, Can I capture Yaki ships?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

esgeroth

X3:Reunion, Can I capture Yaki ships?

Post by esgeroth » Mon, 19. Aug 13, 10:16

Playing x3:Reunion, whenever I attack a group of pirate ships I almost always get one of them to bail. Maybe I've just been lucky so far. I am now trying to capture a Yaki Raijin. I've made about 20 attempts at capturing a Yaki ship and have not gotten any of them to bail. I take out the rest of the group and then get the shields down on the last ship that I want and after doing some hull damage I start shooting it with ire lasers. They just won't bail.
Is there anything about the Yaki that is preventing me from capturing their ships? Do I need a specific rank? Or is there a specific point in the game plot I have to reach? Or are they just less likely to bail?

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Mon, 19. Aug 13, 11:39

In X3R yaki ships have very low chance to bail (high pilot morale).
Right on commander !

esgeroth

Post by esgeroth » Mon, 19. Aug 13, 20:06

Is it low enough that I am wasting my time trying to get one? Or should they bail out if I try enough times?

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Mon, 19. Aug 13, 20:26

It is really up to you ; I can not tell how patient you are.
It is possible to capture a yaki fighter, but it requires dozens and dozens of attempts.
Right on commander !

esgeroth

Post by esgeroth » Mon, 19. Aug 13, 20:58

I am fairly patient, I just wanted to make sure that it isn't going to be something crazy like a 1 in 1000 chance.

Also, is morale assigned randomly? or is it constant for all ships or race of a certain type?

I temporarily turned on the script editor to peek at the pilot morale of the Yaki Raijin I have been trying to catch. It is set to 28. If I find another group will it be the same?

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Mon, 19. Aug 13, 21:11

Morale is semi random - you can find variations within the same race/ship class, but it is generally small ones.
To give you an idea of the scale, a pilot with a morale of 30 will never bail.
Right on commander !

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”