Sector trading. What is going on?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Unknnnnn
x3ap

Sector trading. What is going on?

Post by Unknnnnn » Wed, 21. Aug 13, 05:17

Haven't played since shady business.

Decided to start new game, so I started with humble merchant, went to Seizewell as I used to prior to "shady business". It has 2 ore mines and plenty of stations that require ore.

Made my first million there, bought a transport, a kestrel and turned my ship into mk3 sector trader, set him to trade in seizewell....

Checked up on him in 50 minutes or so, he is on "Standby"... Thought that he just equalized all the prices in the sector... Ignored it... In another 30 min checked it - "Standby"...

What the hell?

Checked the sector. 1 Ore mine missing and ore is at perfect average between all stations.

O_O - my reaction... That never happened before...

I assumed "Shady Business" did something to GoD...

Put my trader into "power cirle". Took longer to trade all the energy cells but I got him to level 8.

A few hours of gameplay later, got my second mk3 trader, put him in power circle and....

Standby...

Checked in 30 min:

Standby...

WHAT?

Opened power circle map - almost all stations except solar plants - GONE! :O

Checked a bunch of sectors, there are barely any stations 2 or 3...

Even Core systems have reduced number of stations? Around 5 excluding shipyards...

What is going on??????????????

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Wed, 21. Aug 13, 09:50

Not had that problem.
Sounds like GoD doesn't like you.
Maybe it's time to start build missions or even build your own supply chain.

Unknnnnn
x3ap

Post by Unknnnnn » Wed, 21. Aug 13, 15:46

TTD wrote:Not had that problem.
Sounds like GoD doesn't like you.
Maybe it's time to start build missions or even build your own supply chain.
Wow that's super weird.

Honved
x3tc

Post by Honved » Wed, 21. Aug 13, 16:01

I've seen the GoD function remove a lot of stations (like up to about half of them in one exceptional case), but that sounds extreme.

Given time, it will probably replace some of them with new stations, but I'd be tempted to go back to an older save and hope it doesn't repeat.

brownthomasw
x3ap

Post by brownthomasw » Wed, 21. Aug 13, 17:55

I finally have a good setup going and I was losing stations. In my case i suspect because I've got a few hours in, but I didn't build any stations or do any significant trading for maybe the 1st 24 hours. Reminds me to setup a few more UT. You were trading but not consuming or producing anything. Maybe its superstition but GoD supplies where there's demand. You consume lots of ecells you get more spps.

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Wed, 21. Aug 13, 18:07

So whichever sectors you prefer for training your traders, put cheap M5's in all the factories there, so they stay.

I've had Ore Belt, normally a good trainer sector, lack energy or ore and most stations I thought were there, as soon as I got to it from my starter point near Omicron Lyrae, with an exploring kestrel mapping as soon as my limited cash could allow it.

Unknnnnn
x3ap

Post by Unknnnnn » Thu, 22. Aug 13, 05:28

I really don't understand what is going on... Some sectors now are almost completely empty now. Even core sectors.. Empire's Edge has no resources in it whatsoever, just a bunch of highest tier stations..

Then I saw another sector with around 10 soyaries!!!

lol

Anyway I suppose it adds to the fun and challenge... Now I have to actually look for sectors to put my Sector Traders in...

BurningMan
x3ap

Post by BurningMan » Thu, 22. Aug 13, 11:34

Unknnnnn wrote:I really don't understand what is going on... Some sectors now are almost completely empty now. Even core sectors.. Empire's Edge has no resources in it whatsoever, just a bunch of highest tier stations..

Then I saw another sector with around 10 soyaries!!!

lol

Anyway I suppose it adds to the fun and challenge... Now I have to actually look for sectors to put my Sector Traders in...
This is extremely unusual and doesn't sounds like normal behaviour at all. If you don't have any mods installed that could be responsible for this issue i would try to post in tech support, because that seems more like a bug than anything else.

Hemmingfish

Post by Hemmingfish » Thu, 22. Aug 13, 12:23

I believe it can happen in Vanilla, but I've only had it happen to me with the Terrans. Sounds like it could be quite interesting if that's happening all over the commonwealth.

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Thu, 22. Aug 13, 14:17

Yeah it sounds like you have a run-away GOD.

Just for kicks start a new game see if it happens there too.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”