x2 The Threat software question!!!

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

writegarrett

x2 The Threat software question!!!

Post by writegarrett » Wed, 21. Aug 13, 06:46

If anyone can help please respond! - I purchased x2 The Threat down loaded from on line co. called Gamefly. At first was running great then almost evrytime I take a ship through a gate to another sector, a message comes up that says ( in game voice and printed on screen ) , that the original cd the game software is running on is not recognized and my ship will then self destruct - And it does with explosive graffics and such. So then I try to start at last point with same results no matter which other sectors I try to go to. Any suggestions? The game has barely been launched and I am interested enough to find the problem. I never was given a product identification code- does that have to do with it? Anyone have this problem before?

jos

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Wed, 21. Aug 13, 09:46

Never came accross that before.
If you register your game "with the game licence key" ,and ask in tech support,they might help.

From what you say, sounds like a dodgy install.
You could try re-installing.

If you are in to downloading games, you can't go far wrong by downloading the X-Superbox from Steam.
This includes all X games from X-BTF , and has the needed updates to run on Windows 7 64 bit

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 21. Aug 13, 10:54

There are plenty of versions of X2 that don't have registration codes, and registration codes have nothing to do with running the game anyway. Try simply re-installing the game in case it's a corrupt installation.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Wed, 21. Aug 13, 22:52

Was not sure about the reg codes.
But CBJ confirmed my suspicion of install problems.

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”