Terran Conflict where do I get new weapons?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

weltraumnoob

Terran Conflict where do I get new weapons?

Post by weltraumnoob » Wed, 21. Aug 13, 12:27

Hi, just started terran conflict. After the first Mission patrouling you get a new ship in the mars System. So I sold the old one I played the first missions with to get some Money to upgrade the new one but I cant buy any of the weapons they sell at the Station they are red and it says something like "not enoug Prestige to buy this" what do I do now? Should I have them taken from the old ship or what was my mistake? I cant get weapons at any Station. Do I Need to start all over again? herp derp help plz

BurningMan
x3ap

Post by BurningMan » Wed, 21. Aug 13, 12:56

the terrans just don't trust you enough to sell you this weapons right now. if you want to earn their trust the best you could do is doing some missions for them just look out for a Lightbulb symbol at terran stations and comm the stations to speak with the person offering the mission. After doing a few of these you should be able to buy the weapons you want.

however it might be better if you could tell us what the name was of the ship you sold or what game start you choose at the beginning of the game. The ship you got as a mission reward is likely a Terran Rapier wich is a small scout ship that is pretty fast, but not exactly the best ship for combat so the ship you started the game with was likely better.

AgamemnonArgon
x3tc

Post by AgamemnonArgon » Wed, 21. Aug 13, 13:11

I would not start again.

Give up once and it can become a habit.

Reputation is the governing factor in getting ahead in the game.
Do missions and successfully complete the missions such as trading or transporting and it will gain reputation.

Kill the citizens of the races and it will lower ones reputation.
Therefore try to work to get as much of a good reputation as possible ad ones level increases with the alien races.

That in turn means one can buy much betterships and weapons.
Argon Patriot and Battlemaster
Peace - Through Superior Firepower

weltraumnoob

Post by weltraumnoob » Wed, 21. Aug 13, 13:20

ye guys i would do that.. new missions and stuff but how am i supposed to do that WITHOUT ANY WEAPONS?!? :lol: the new ship got 0 weapons and i cant buy any

anyway i figured out i should have transfered them from the beginner ship to the new ship before i sold the beginer one .. duuh.. so start again i guess

Rive
x3tc

Post by Rive » Wed, 21. Aug 13, 13:34

weltraumnoob wrote:anyway i figured out i should have transfered them from the beginner ship to the new ship before i sold the beginer one .. duuh..
Correct.

Now you have two choices:
- the fast one: restart.
- the slow one: there are missions which could be done without any weapons. It's extreme difficult in Terran sectors, but still possible.

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Wed, 21. Aug 13, 13:56

For the next time, keep the original ship though. Your Sabre is much thougher (the ship you get is a scout, not a fighter)

Ormac
x4

Post by Ormac » Wed, 21. Aug 13, 15:04

Aside from the reputation hurdle the Terran weapons are also a tad expensive to easily replace early.

Suitable quantities appear at the orbital defense stations and outposts for outfitting fighters and small ships.

If your really desperate for Terran weapons you might have to wait till the plot introduces you to wing management.

AgamemnonArgon
x3tc

Post by AgamemnonArgon » Wed, 21. Aug 13, 18:54

Dude, lots of people like combat.

The game can be easily played without weapons and by trading.

When one has the credits to buy weapons, ones reputation is higher anyway.

Look for alternatives, look for options.

That is what the game is about, sandbox, choice, opportunities, and variety of strategy.
Argon Patriot and Battlemaster
Peace - Through Superior Firepower

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Terran Conflict where do I get new weapons?

Post by Nanook » Wed, 21. Aug 13, 23:32

weltraumnoob wrote:Hi, just started terran conflict. After the first Mission patrouling you get a new ship in the mars System. So I sold the old one I played the first missions with to get some Money to upgrade the new one but I cant buy any of the weapons they sell at the Station they are red and it says something like "not enoug Prestige to buy this" what do I do now? Should I have them taken from the old ship or what was my mistake? I cant get weapons at any Station. Do I Need to start all over again? herp derp help plz
I would recommend restarting. As mentioned, the 'beginner ship' is actually a pretty fair fighter, and the one you're given in Mars is a small scout only suitable for scout-type duties. It's basically given to you to make one of the next missions a bit easier. Use it for that if you want, but keep the Sabre for now as your primary ship.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”