X-BtF Silicon Mine won't work.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ApertureTech

X-BtF Silicon Mine won't work.

Post by ApertureTech » Wed, 21. Aug 13, 18:28

Hi, I recently started playing X-BtF and I have a problem with the traders of my new Silicon mine.
I bought a trader, put money into the mine and waited. The trader went off to get 3000 energy cells but came back with nothing, my money was gone. This happened several times until I bought a second trader and destroyed the first one. At least the second one doesn't "steal" my money, but it stays docked at a solar station in the sector and won't leave it.

I don't know what to do. The only thing that works is my own solar station but it's annoying to get the crystals by myself.
I searched, but I couldn't find anyone who had the same problem.

Thanks in advance.

Igor in Space
x3ap

Post by Igor in Space » Wed, 21. Aug 13, 22:05

Hm... Interesting. I have not seen this problem but if you would like to leave the details of where you bought the mine, where you placed it and what the operating parameters were then I can try to see if I can repeat the problem or work out what is going on. Might be a couple of days though if that is ok.

It is always possible that the first transporter was getting attacked and dropped his cargo. The second transporter more of a mystery. Anyway, leave the details and I will see if I can work out what is happening.

ApertureTech

Post by ApertureTech » Wed, 21. Aug 13, 22:37

The mine is bought and set up in seizewell, on an asteroid with silicon 26. I was guessing that value was alright since ore was usually around 18.
(I assume asteroids are not randomly generated - then my mine is set up on the midst one of 4 asteroids right above the middle horizontal line on the navigation screen. 3 asteroids form a kind of triangle and the 4rth in the middle now is my mine.)

Do transporters actually drop their cargo to survive? I've never seen that situation. I mean, they drop it when destroyed, but I destroyed that one myself...

EDIT: Parameters for the mine are at the moment: Buy price 10 cr; Sell price 310 cr; it has around 18000 cr at hand. I just ordered another transporter and will keep you updated on what happens.

Igor in Space
x3ap

Post by Igor in Space » Wed, 21. Aug 13, 22:46

Not sure if they drop their cargo and escape. Will investigate. But in an earlier game I had a silicon mine on that very asteroid. I never had any problems with it. But I will test it again to see what happens.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 21. Aug 13, 23:24

Factory freighters in X-BTF don't drop their cargo unless the ship is destroyed. So what's going on in your game is a bit of a mystery. Did you buy it on Steam and if so, have you had Steam check and validate the game files? If not, try that. You may have a corrupt file, because what you're describing is not normal gameplay.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Igor in Space
x3ap

Post by Igor in Space » Thu, 22. Aug 13, 00:44

Yes, I have just tested it in my game and everything is working as it should. The first transporter would have delivered his cargo of energy cells but I destroyed him before he could. The second transporter is working ok.

Seeding the factory with 18,000 is not a lot. The transporter will set off for a factory selling at 10 credits or less but it buy at whatever the sale price is when it gets there. I seeded the factory with a lot more than 18,000. The transporter had a buy order for 3000 but when it arrived at its destination it bought 1000 energy cells at 18.96 (the SPP only had 1200 EC).

ApertureTech

Post by ApertureTech » Thu, 22. Aug 13, 19:34

Okay, I now bought another transporter. And finally this one does its job, the mine works fine now. The second one still waits for whatever at solar station alpha. I guess he's made himself comfortable there, so he's not gonna leave.

I didn't buy the game from steam, I have it from an old Computerbild Spiele magazine.

Anyway, thanks for offering your help. :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”