[X3:TC] Ore Mine Freighters Not Best-Selling

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

cjoshuav
x4

[X3:TC] Ore Mine Freighters Not Best-Selling

Post by cjoshuav » Wed, 21. Aug 13, 23:21

Two of my ore mines (Getsu Fune and Midnight Star) are having problems, it seems.

I have them set up to have a range of 50 sectors, with permission to trade with other races.

There is a Mistral Super-Freighter at each, with a jump drive, and instructions to Best Sell - Ore.

The price on the ore, for what it's worth is reasonable (190 - 2 sectors).

Yet ore keeps stockpiling on the freighters and they are just sitting at the stations.

None of my other freighters have this problem.

What should I check?

Thanks!

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Thu, 22. Aug 13, 00:09

190 is actually a high price for Ore.. Average is 154 iirc? Anything over that is a good.
If all your mines are set up with a range of 50, that's more or less the entire universe. So if there's places buying for 190+, your ships should be flying from any of your mines set to 50 jumps.

About your only option would be to reduce prices.

You also may wish to install the bonus pack and try out CAG. It basically does the same as the best buy/sell functions but better. Importantly they shouldn't interfere with each other. If you have lots of mines with large ranges using the best sell. You could be sending multiple ships to the same stations.

AgamemnonArgon
x3tc

Post by AgamemnonArgon » Thu, 22. Aug 13, 01:09

It may be a good idea to assign some Patrol ships in those areas.
Getsu Fune is not the safest area.

It might also be worth using main Core areas for factories as they may be safer in the long term than lesser security border areas.

Check out the average price, and lower your factory price to the same give or take one credit then check what happens.
Argon Patriot and Battlemaster
Peace - Through Superior Firepower

cjoshuav
x4

Post by cjoshuav » Thu, 22. Aug 13, 04:40

Thanks! I'll see if that's the problem.

At some point, I really do need to learn how to use a CAG.

Getsu Fune can get a little hot, but the fully-armed Osaka I have on patrol there seems more than capable of keeping things in-hand. :D

I <3 that Osaka so much.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”