[x3:ap] 26 IBLs on board Akuma, should I cap or destroy??

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

firestorm79
x4

[x3:ap] 26 IBLs on board Akuma, should I cap or destroy??

Post by firestorm79 » Fri, 23. Aug 13, 21:58

This is beginning to sound like MHFU (kudos to those that get the reference), but what is more likely to produce the IBL drop, destroying the ship or capping it?

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 23. Aug 13, 22:21

You won't get any drops if those IBL's are equipped on the Akuma. Only cargo items drop. Equipped weapons and shields never drop. So your best chance to get those IBL's is to board the ship.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

firestorm79
x4

Post by firestorm79 » Fri, 23. Aug 13, 23:09

26 ibls!! of course they're not equipped! (only one or two were)

anyway capped it and savescummed at the core hacking stage... after 5 or 6 reloads no IBLs anywhere...

guess I'll try and destroy it...

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 23. Aug 13, 23:57

Theoretically, the Akuma can mount all 26. And it would if it was attacked by capital ships on all sides. NPC ships equip whatever weapons they have available to deal with the target types that attack them.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

firestorm79
x4

Post by firestorm79 » Sat, 24. Aug 13, 13:04

Nanook wrote:Theoretically, the Akuma can mount all 26. And it would if it was attacked by capital ships on all sides. NPC ships equip whatever weapons they have available to deal with the target types that attack them.
Wow... That is some serious BBQ power...

But the fact is it wasn't equipped and I still didn't get it through boarding reloads multiple times. To be honest i didnt try killing it because i like the yaki; capping is fine but killing them.

I heard about some people either destroying or capping a pirate brigantine and getting like 20+ ibls. I just wanted to know which it was kill or cap...

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Sat, 24. Aug 13, 14:50

So I decided to test this just now and went and capped a Zues in Paranid Prime. When I scanned it before capping it had:
2GJ x3
Banshee x5
CIG x6
EBC x2
FAA x1
FBL x4
Hammerhead x3
HEPT x6
IBL x12
ISR x4
PAC x2
PSG x9
PPC x5
PBE x8

On each reload, after I capped it had:
1:- 6x CIG
2:- Nothing
3:- 3x 2GJ + 8x PBE
4:- 1x FAA, 8x HEPT, 5x PPC
5:- Nothing
6:- Nothing
7:- 6x CIG, 1x FAA
8:- Nothing
9:- 1x FAA, 4x FBL, 2x PAC
10:- 12x IBL
11:- 2x EBC, 12x IBL, 4x ISR
12:- Nothing
13:- 5x Banshee
14:- 4x FBL, 4x ISR
15:- 4x FBL, 2x PAC
16:- 5x Banshee
17:- 2x EBC, 12x IBL
18:- 6x HEPT
19:- Nothing
20:- Nothing
21:- 1x FAA
22:- 6x HEPT
23:- 12x IBL
24:- 3x 2GJ, 2x EBC, 6x CIG
25:- Nothing
26:- Nothing
27:- Nothing
28:- 5x Banshee, 6x CIG, 2x PAC
29:- 2x EBC, 12x IBL
30:- 9x PSG, 5x PPC - PSG finally! Just need to get hammerheads now...
31:- Nothing
32:- 12x IBL
33:- Nothing
34:- 4x ISR
35:- Nothing
36:- 3x 2GJ, 2x PAC
37:- Nothing
38:- 4x ISR, 8x PBE
39:- 3x Hammerhead!!!

Ok so a couple of things become apparent from that.

Firstly I have way too much time on my hands :D

Secondly, you can get a copy of anything the ship is carrying if you reload enough times.

For those interested, I used max everything marines. Since it was an experiment I didn't care about losses or anything provided I got the cap. The Zues had ISL and firewall.
2 marines failed to be fired in the pods and stayed home. Two pods got shot down and 4 of those in space got fried. 9 made it to the hull, breached it, cleared every deck without loss then hacked it. Of the 39 reloads, they failed to hack 3 times, so it was in fact 42 reloads.

Oh and I got literally zero combat rank despite being in the M7M and firing every missile myself. Still on harmless 0%

RayF

Post by RayF » Sat, 24. Aug 13, 16:22

Inf:
amazing work:)
There is always a percentage lost in equipment though right??
Also, i have found that by damaging the hull severely a lot of equipment gets destroyed so you end up getting much less when you cap it. do you agree with this?

Fire:
yes you can get more than 20 IBLs or any other weapon when you cap a brigantine. I usually get 26 IBLs in combination with these:
20-26 Cigs with about 10-15 IONcannons and some 10-15 Ion generators...I do aim though to get as many IBLs as possible.

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Sat, 24. Aug 13, 16:50

If you kill equipment thru hull damage, then it won't be able to be generated when you cap it.
So if you want IBLs and you happen to destroy them from hull damage it wont matter how many times you reload, you won't get them. Or if you only destroy some, then it'll reduce the amount you get to that amount.
If you don't destroy any, then the ship can have less than 1% hull left and you'll get the full amount if you reload enough.
I have no idea if marine hull damage causes equipment loss or not.

firestorm79
x4

Post by firestorm79 » Sat, 24. Aug 13, 18:28

Infekted wrote:If you kill equipment thru hull damage, then it won't be able to be generated when you cap it.
So if you want IBLs and you happen to destroy them from hull damage it wont matter how many times you reload, you won't get them. Or if you only destroy some, then it'll reduce the amount you get to that amount.
If you don't destroy any, then the ship can have less than 1% hull left and you'll get the full amount if you reload enough.
I have no idea if marine hull damage causes equipment loss or not.
Well I was watching the freight right to the last minute and all 26 IBLs were there until ship was transferred over to me. By the way can you indicate which ones were equipped in the initial freight scan (marked with (*))... I've heard that equipped items don't stay on ship once you cap it no matter how many times you reload (this not just from Nanook).

So I guess capping and reloading is the way forward... Tough I don't think I have the time or the determination of Infekted, so next I'll just reload it maybe half a dozen times...

Now where is that brigantine...

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Sat, 24. Aug 13, 18:42

Nope, in the initial scan there were no stars, and after that I was out of range.
Pic

I did the reloads whilst they were hacking the core, and I had jumped my M7M to the other side of the sector after breaching. Well out of range of any weapon, so maybe they all got uninstalled. I'm not sure.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Sat, 24. Aug 13, 19:18

firestorm79 wrote:
So I guess capping and reloading is the way forward... Tough I don't think I have the time or the determination of Infekted, so next I'll just reload it maybe half a dozen times...
Strangely enough I just cap it, take what I get, and go cap something else...
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

firestorm79
x4

Post by firestorm79 » Sat, 24. Aug 13, 20:21

Timsup2nothin wrote:
firestorm79 wrote:
Strangely enough I just cap it, take what I get, and go cap something else...
Is that a sight dig at savescumming?? I just don't want lose too much standing with any one race/faction at this stage of my game. So can't afford to board loads of ships... But tbh if I don't get what I want in the 5th or 6th try I'd probably just keep what I get and carry on...

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Sat, 24. Aug 13, 20:35

It depends why I am capping. If I am capping for the ship itself, too keep or sell. Then I do not care what it has on board, and will accept whatever and go onto the next one.
If I was specifically seeking IBLs, I would reload until I had em. It takes maybe 30s-1min per reload. Lot less time than finding and lining up on another target.

I'd also point out that I only lost half a rank of rep to cap that M1 (it had 6 fighters on board too).

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Sun, 25. Aug 13, 00:19

firestorm79 wrote: Is that a sight dig at savescumming??
Well, probably. :)

More just an 'I can't be bothered with it' opinion than an outright dig though. I would guess calling it 'savescumming' is a bit more pointed. :thumb_up:
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

firestorm79
x4

Post by firestorm79 » Sun, 25. Aug 13, 10:21

Infekted wrote: I'd also point out that I only lost half a rank of rep to cap that M1 (it had 6 fighters on board too).
that's good to know, as I was worried about my race reps. So if I accept a kill pirate mission and the target ship is a carrack, which I board instead of kill, will that mean I will lose less rank than if I had killed it? And if I go around weaver's and senator's capping everything at the same time as running missions for yaki - it should balance out?

Also a question about the fighters on board, I claimed a Ryu once which had three susanowas on board. None of them became mine - they were just Yaki ships docked in my hangar?!! Was that a bug, or would they have become mine eventually?

p.s. Infekted, the freight screen won't tell you which ones are equipped, you'll have to select the ship again (after scanning) and press 'u' (info). That will show you which weapons in its hold are equipped with the (*) symbol... But I might just be teaching you to suck eggs.

AgamemnonArgon
x3tc

Post by AgamemnonArgon » Sun, 25. Aug 13, 14:37

I never really got interested in capturing and boarding ships, but the times I did it I took what I got first time.

That being said, it's only a game.

If my Carrier is getting destroyed and I transfer to a shuttle, I don't reload that either.
Argon Patriot and Battlemaster
Peace - Through Superior Firepower

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Sun, 25. Aug 13, 14:46

That is correct. The rep hit for capping is far smaller than killing.

You'll probly need to do roughly 2-3 missions per capture, irrc.

You will never gain control of fighters owned by a ship you cap. However any that are docked, are also sold along side the carrier if you sell that. So an M1 full of fighters can sell for crazy credits.
The problem is that they don't obey commands and have a habit of undocking at the wrong moment.
That zues I capped owned 22 fighters when I capped it. And 6 would stay docked whilst I issued move orders to it. But when I ordered it to dock they undocked, so I had to order it on top of the shipyard then to dock whilst OOS, and still only managed to have 4 on board. But this increased the sale value by about 8million.

Yes I know about the cargo thing. However I only did the the initial scan, then had to reload. So basically didn't have a cap save that had been scanned.
Shouldn't make any difference, I was reloading roughly 3s before the cap from the other side of the sector. It didn't really have time or reason to change weapons between reloads. And I got all of the stuff on board with enough reloads.
I think the equipped items can't drop if you kill the ship. Capping is different.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”