Marines in training are now dead, QQ egosoft, base kills need a check

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

rhawley
x3tc

Marines in training are now dead, QQ egosoft, base kills need a check

Post by rhawley » Sat, 24. Aug 13, 06:18

Seriously, I lost 8 or more marines that were all training 500k+ all skills and were around 80-90% complete, when all of a sudden they were gone. Checked the map and sure enough the pirate base they were at had disappeared. So I journeyed over to check it out and all that was left was the husk of a pirate base. I checked before and there were about 12 hostile pirates docked there, who I presume decided to kill the base they docked at since my marines were on board in training. Lost a few mil, and I can't even guess how much time. Seriously egosoft needs to put a check in for this circumstance. I tried my old saves but had lost any good starts. My heart is broken, :( QQ

Since they were training, couldn't they be smart enough to go out an emergency hatch or something? I certainly would have been happy to scan the zone for survivors and scoop them up.

firestorm79
x4

Post by firestorm79 » Sat, 24. Aug 13, 06:51

Lol I was always afraid this may happen so I don't train my marines at pirate bases anymore!

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Sat, 24. Aug 13, 06:53

Which game are you playing?

1. Never train with the pirates, always train at a Military Outpost. Pirate bases get destroyed and/or move (disappear, reappear elsewhere) regularly. Military Outposts never move. Pirate bases may or may not have a couple lousy laser towers for defense, Military Outposts have 1-2 medium weapons towers (much stronger).

2. Put a satellite in the sector where the Outpost is, so you can see pirates, and also so you can see how trained your marines are each cycle.

3. Configure the Bonus Pack SEWN (Satellite Early Warning Network) to notify you of hostile ships in the area as soon as they enter. This happens way before they attack anything.

4. Put an M2 set to Defend Area where the Outpost is. Obviously marines are valuable and hard to replace, whereas a combat ship, while expensive, you can always replace.

5. Dock a TP at the Outpost so the marines go to it between trainings, and more importantly so the GOD script doesn't remove the Outpost from the game. Stations where you have a ship never get removed.

6. Save often. After each game play session, copy your saves out of the default folder into an "Important Saves" folder, and give them meaningful names. This way you can have more than 10 save spots, and can reload any previous point of your game. (Downside: at some point you'll look at a folder full of 100-some saves, dated over a period of 4-6 months, and realize that you've wasted 4-6 months of your life on a game, proof right in front of you.)

brownthomasw
x3ap

Post by brownthomasw » Sat, 24. Aug 13, 07:48

I lost all the lvl 3 fight and better marines from the start of the game and the irreplacable Iguana Vanguard at a pirate base. I could have went 45 min back and saved the Iguana but couldn't find a way to pull them out of training. I try to train everyone at the equipment dock in argon prime.

rhawley
x3tc

Post by rhawley » Sat, 24. Aug 13, 08:11

Thanks for the Tips ajax, I didnt know about copying the saved games and will definitely try that out. I don't have any m2's yet, hence why I was training marines :) I'll just have to save up and by one. I was in the middle of building a 38 pre-order complex, so I hastily overwrote my saves without checking the logs, my bad for trying to rush something.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sat, 24. Aug 13, 10:32

save game manager is your friend...
see my sig.

RayF

Post by RayF » Sat, 24. Aug 13, 11:57

i think i am missing a lot of things still!

SEWM bonus pack?? where do i get this??? some more info on this please??

and since i am here, what other addins do u suggest to use??
i only have installed the signed bonus pack from egosoft (the cag, cls2 pack.)

thanks guys.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 24. Aug 13, 11:59

The SEWN (Satellite Early Warning Network) is only part of the X3AP Bonus Package.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

RayF

Post by RayF » Sat, 24. Aug 13, 16:08

oops..iam on TC.. :!:

Tohron
x3tc

Post by Tohron » Sat, 24. Aug 13, 18:02

If you have a save before the base was destroyed you can cancel their training and move them someplace else. If not, then for next time, you can make quick backups by sending your "saves" folder to a zip on a regular basis.

rhawley
x3tc

Post by rhawley » Sat, 24. Aug 13, 23:29

Check this out, so I mainly was training those marines to do an Aran boarding attempt, since I had about 25 other marines, I tried it out anyway but no luck there either, figure I probably need them at 5 stars instead of 3-4. So moving on and forgetting about my lost marines, I figured I'd go do some boarding practice in Getsu Fune/the north Xenon sector.

I popped in at the north gate and to my surprise, a rapid response ship blew up the Xenon Q that came through the gate. Checking the sector map for leftover goodies, I saw 8 marines floating in space!!! lol, I made sure they weren't mine by accident and sure enough they were trying to get back to the rapid response ship. I wondered if anything would happen if I scooped them up, ie rep loss, hostile Teladi M2s, but nope I scooped them up without consequence, and they all have 4-5 star training lol. Things like this make me just love this game even more :)

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sat, 24. Aug 13, 23:48

:D

Do that a few times and you get back to where you started and further. :lol:

Tohron
x3tc

Post by Tohron » Sun, 25. Aug 13, 04:17

rhawley wrote:Check this out, so I mainly was training those marines to do an Aran boarding attempt, since I had about 25 other marines, I tried it out anyway but no luck there either, figure I probably need them at 5 stars instead of 3-4. So moving on and forgetting about my lost marines, I figured I'd go do some boarding practice in Getsu Fune/the north Xenon sector.

I popped in at the north gate and to my surprise, a rapid response ship blew up the Xenon Q that came through the gate. Checking the sector map for leftover goodies, I saw 8 marines floating in space!!! lol, I made sure they weren't mine by accident and sure enough they were trying to get back to the rapid response ship. I wondered if anything would happen if I scooped them up, ie rep loss, hostile Teladi M2s, but nope I scooped them up without consequence, and they all have 4-5 star training lol. Things like this make me just love this game even more :)
You can get skilled marines by boarding the M7's (and sometimes M2's) spawned by missions as well - their marines will be ejected in the core-hacking stage, and you can send any ships that hold marines and have cargo life support + special command software to pick them up. Most of those marines will be unskilled, but a few will be quite high-ranked.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”