X3TC, microchips for PHQ, what does it take?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Zaijka
x4

X3TC, microchips for PHQ, what does it take?

Post by Zaijka » Sat, 24. Aug 13, 10:39

Hi,

Just started the 75000 microchips requirement and it takes kind of too long. I have completed almost everything in this game, rank Capitalist/Crusader.

Need advice on what to build and where, to finish the mission during reasonable time. Plenty of money available for any type of construction.

My current setting are two microchip complexes of 12 stations each in Menelaus' Oasis and Empire's Edge + fleet of CLS for around the universe. Yet it took one full RL day (24 hours) to get 1500-2000 chips. A month of RL time is not an option. Building 10-15 x12 microchip complexes is the only option or there are other solutions? Thanks in advance.

PS. Actually, I was wrong. Money is kind of a problem. To set up 10-15 x12 microchip complexes and make them running would take around 1bil. (slightly less) credits, which is annoying. So, looking for wiser solutions.

NUKLEAR-SLUG
x3tc

Post by NUKLEAR-SLUG » Sat, 24. Aug 13, 11:17

You don't have to rely on your own factories for everything. Set the buy price on your HQ to maximum to encourage NPC traders to sell chips to you and feed the NPC chip factories around the universe to generate cash and keep them producing.

Meantime, go do some thing else while you're waiting. The Hub plot is designed to be a long term background goal not something you can do in 5 minutes.

Zaijka
x4

Post by Zaijka » Sat, 24. Aug 13, 11:29

Yes, resupplying the NPC Microchip stations around the universe is something to think about. Let's see what difference will it make. Thanks

PS. Can a CLS be configured to "represent" a NPC station?

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sat, 24. Aug 13, 11:31

Get the NPCs to deliver them.

Make sure you have the required wares listed in your Hub.
Put funds in the Hub
Set several of your sector traders,LocalTraders and/or Universal Traders to Homebase at the Hub.(this gives The Hub a constant credit replen.).
Set product price to max.

After a while, you will even find Corporation traders delivering the chips.

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Sat, 24. Aug 13, 12:59

Building more microchip factories wouldn't be a terrible thing. After the plot is complete they will make you tons of credits.
You say you currently have 24 in total? I would build more. Say up to 48 or so. You can't build too many chip factories, but 120-180 would probably be a bit over kill.

Ofc feed NPC factories and buy them too. But you already have more chip factories than there are in the universe.

As for "representing" an NPC factory with CLS.. To buy chips all you need is some fast ships using CAG from the hub. But to supply them your only option would be to generate way points with CLS2.
Generate a list to buy microchips over a jump range of 100, this will give you a waypoint list for all the microchip factories. Then edit this list to sell each resource required.
I would dedicate ships to each resource, so some to sell energy, some to sell silicon and some to sell food. Food is where it will get slightly complicated as they will require different ones. You'll have to have a ship per different food or accept that they will not be working with great efficiency.
To get these resources, simply have CAGs buying it into the hub if you don't have your own supplies.

Zaijka
x4

Post by Zaijka » Sat, 24. Aug 13, 13:00

Is there any best place for the Xenon Hub for the purpose of the optimal access of the NPC traders with Microchips?

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Sat, 24. Aug 13, 13:01

No not really, chip factories are all over the place. Some what "central" with a large jump range will cover them all easily. NPC traders will tend to come in from a max range of about 5 jumps away from what I've seen.
The main consideration really is safety.

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Sat, 24. Aug 13, 13:40

Infekted wrote:Building more microchip factories wouldn't be a terrible thing. After the plot is complete they will make you tons of credits.
You say you currently have 24 in total? I would build more. Say up to 48 or so. You can't build too many chip factories, but 120-180 would probably be a bit over kill.
As someone who once built about 250...

Don't.

It ruins the game. Literally. I get millions of credits every few minutes and all the decent asteroid sectors are laggy as **** ;)
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Sat, 24. Aug 13, 14:59

EmperorJon wrote:As someone who once built about 250...

Don't.

It ruins the game. Literally. I get millions of credits every few minutes and all the decent asteroid sectors are laggy as **** ;)
Yeah same here as it goes.. Cept I used mobile mining. With pretty much the same results :lol:

So yeah there is too many, but I usually get get at least 50. Takes wayyy too long otherwise.

RayF

Post by RayF » Sat, 24. Aug 13, 16:11

geez,

ive built 15 and i thought I did THE mega-complex! :lol:

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Sat, 24. Aug 13, 16:18

Pic

Crystals on the left, 125 chips on the right, I later added another identical cube of chips. Long time ago tho, and the last time I built anything on such a scale.

RayF

Post by RayF » Sat, 24. Aug 13, 16:25

HOLLY COW !!!!!!!

reminds me of Borg cubes !! :lol: :lol:

the no-pipes-mod is it any help with the FPS ?

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Sat, 24. Aug 13, 16:52

Hehe that was kind of the plan. Mobile mining let me choose nice neat numbers of stations so I went cubic :)

And yes, had to go no pipes for the FPS improvement. It was starting to get sticky when I was building up the first one, needed to go no tubes for the second then third ones. And even then the sector turned into a slideshow. With a complex that size in that regularity, the pipes actually looked good and I was kind of sorry to get rid of them.

brownthomasw
x3ap

Post by brownthomasw » Sat, 24. Aug 13, 17:30

I thought I started things early this time as i've played at least twicw without finishing the hub. Now you got me worried. I'm trying to be very minimalist and efficient this time so I'm not building whole complexes for chips and crystals. I'm trying 5- 10 or more chips or crystals connected by themselves without thier resources.

Mobile silicon miners feed almost all the stations. 1 cag can handle the food and energy for a 7 chip complex. I was worried about getting enough food from the npc stations but for now its ok and i'll stick to Argon, Boron and Split as they seem to have more. I filled up 2 mammoths of crystals in a day or two with 7 crystal fabs, still need 15-18 mammoths full and have about 2k chips from 12 chip fabs. I plan to at least double both. I started like it was the 1st thing i did this time. I let the chips sell early on thinking i;ve got everything else to do. Silicon is what i was thinking will bother me as i'm not storing any. I plan to buy all I can, set up one 3 mine silicon complex probably more, dump a load more mobile miners in and possibly set up a 2nd dig site or move them all to a better place.

Try importing some raw materials so as not to buy those fabs too, buy more chips and it seems the reasonable number of chip plants is around 50 depending when you start collecting and how much you want to wait.

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Sat, 24. Aug 13, 17:36

It's all about time scale. I am kind of impatient. If you are willing to wait it out you can build fewer, especially if you get started early enough. Getting 10-15 cranking out, before you've even started the plot will help a ton. As will pre-buying and looking after the NPC factories. You don't need many TL's to be able to store up to 75k chips.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Fri, 30. Aug 13, 09:04

Infekted wrote:Hehe that was kind of the plan. Mobile mining let me choose nice neat numbers of stations so I went cubic :)

And yes, had to go no pipes for the FPS improvement. It was starting to get sticky when I was building up the first one, needed to go no tubes for the second then third ones. And even then the sector turned into a slideshow. With a complex that size in that regularity, the pipes actually looked good and I was kind of sorry to get rid of them.
Oww im not the only one who likes tubes :D

@OP: i think too that somwhere around 50 chip plants should do. I did it in the TUS sector next to the 'Xenon sector' (maybe 3) - it had all the sili roids i needed for the plex.
Plus the HUB buying all chips from the universe, with local sector traders around every chip plant...

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”