Your ship was distroyed by Argon ship yard

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

REB411
x3tc

Your ship was distroyed by Argon ship yard

Post by REB411 » Sat, 24. Aug 13, 23:14

:evil: I built an Ore mine gave it two ships one to sell for best price, and one to buy. I left later I went to check on it and found out one of my ship had been destroyed by argon ship yard. What the heck it, was a mistral worth more then the ore mine. I understand being destroyed by Yaki or angry races but ship yards is their a fix to stop automated ships from being destroyed by stations???

cakes
x4

Post by cakes » Sun, 25. Aug 13, 09:25

Yes there is. Don't be in sector (IS) with your own ships unless you need to be. When you are out of sector (OOS) there is no collision detection for your ships.

You'll also have to accept some losses from time to time or reload a save.

brownthomasw
x3ap

Post by brownthomasw » Sun, 25. Aug 13, 21:41

If capitol ships are docked other ships can undock and fly right into them. I had just got the x shuttle ,1 of a kind. Sent him to the eq dock right from the argon shipyard. I didn't have it 2 minutes and boom. Luckily I saved right before, went back, got in, undocked and the nose of my other ship was right in front of me. Even worse is when you end up with a spaghetti complex with the docking clamp in the middle of a bunch of tubes.

REB411
x3tc

Post by REB411 » Mon, 26. Aug 13, 01:19

here's the problem I wasn't in the sector as my Ore mine I was checking on it thru my property and was looking at my stations. I then noticed my ore mine only owned one ship it should have been two. I then checked message log ,and it said your ship was killed by argon ship yard so I assume it's crashed while I was away. I tried going back thru my old saves but none of the four still had it. It was completely automated and was being run by my ore mine. It was in argon sector for operation sudden fury and I didn't allow any jumps to sell stuff , and ship yards don't buy Ore or any goods for that matter so what was my ship doing near it in the first place

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Mon, 26. Aug 13, 01:48

REB411 wrote:here's the problem I wasn't in the sector as my Ore mine I was checking on it thru my property and was looking at my stations. I then noticed my ore mine only owned one ship it should have been two. I then checked message log ,and it said your ship was killed by argon ship yard so I assume it's crashed while I was away. I tried going back thru my old saves but none of the four still had it. It was completely automated and was being run by my ore mine. It was in argon sector for operation sudden fury and I didn't allow any jumps to sell stuff , and ship yards don't buy Ore or any goods for that matter so what was my ship doing near it in the first place
It was just flying by...and you were just flying through. You are in sector doing something totally unrelated, your freighter is in sector doing its automated business. It crashes. You notice some time later, often very much later. This is part of the cost of doing business.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

DiArmada
x3tc

Post by DiArmada » Mon, 26. Aug 13, 11:24

Timsup2nothin wrote: It crashes. You notice some time later, often very much later. This is part of the cost of doing business.
we've all been there
:roll:

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Mon, 26. Aug 13, 16:18

DiArmada wrote:
Timsup2nothin wrote: It crashes. You notice some time later, often very much later. This is part of the cost of doing business.
we've all been there
Heck, we're all still there. The only way to not be there is to confine all your automated business to certain sectors and then never go in those sectors yourself, and that just isn't practical.

Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

BurningMan
x3ap

Post by BurningMan » Mon, 26. Aug 13, 16:38

Timsup2nothin wrote:
DiArmada wrote:
we've all been there
Heck, we're all still there. The only way to not be there is to confine all your automated business to certain sectors and then never go in those sectors yourself, and that just isn't practical.
Yeah i can't remember how often i just build a complex set-up some cags to buy E-Cells and see the stupid freighters crashing my new drakes into the Solar Panels -.-

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Mon, 26. Aug 13, 18:13

BurningMan wrote:
Timsup2nothin wrote:
DiArmada wrote:
we've all been there
Yeah i can't remember how often i just build a complex set-up some cags to buy E-Cells and see the stupid freighters crashing my new drakes into the Solar Panels -.-
Solar power plants should have big rings painted on them so they look like bulls-eyes...since that's what freighter pilots seem to think they are.

Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Mousse9
x3tc

Post by Mousse9 » Mon, 26. Aug 13, 19:32

Not just freighters. I was flying my Springblossom, turned on autopillock, and it crashed FULL SPEED against a solar panel of that SPP...

Imgran

Post by Imgran » Mon, 26. Aug 13, 19:55

Mousse9 wrote:Not just freighters. I was flying my Springblossom, turned on autopillock, and it crashed FULL SPEED against a solar panel of that SPP...
Yeah that's a known issue with the Springy too because they're so danged fast. By the time they're close enough to detect proximity of an object they're too close to avoid it.
OTAS -- it's like 42, the answer to life, the universe, and everything

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Mon, 26. Aug 13, 20:01

Full speed smack in a springblossom...that's gotta hurt.

Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Threesixtyci
x4

Post by Threesixtyci » Mon, 26. Aug 13, 20:43

Best to get a Tractor Beam and put it on a M6 (a TS isn't gonna work) and drag your mines outside any flow of traffic. As in ...move it on the Z axis.

DiArmada
x3tc

Post by DiArmada » Tue, 27. Aug 13, 10:43

Timsup2nothin wrote:
DiArmada wrote:
we've all been there
that's why I have no UT's or ST's but totally rely on selfsustained complexes for income
8)

cakes
x4

Post by cakes » Tue, 27. Aug 13, 11:47

600 hours + in my current AP game with no real use of seta other than occasionally across large distances IS. Probably 20 ST's, no UT's anymore and over 80 CLS/CAG freighters.

No losses yet apart from combat related, even if I'm pottering about IS from time to time.

It's usually bad luck, poor planning or over use of SETA that cause the majority of these type of issues. Often all 3.

Threesixtyci
x4

Post by Threesixtyci » Tue, 27. Aug 13, 16:00

I remember there being an asteroid in a Split Sector that will destroy any TL that leaves the shipyard's northern slips, while you're in sector. There are two 70 yield silicon asteroids in that sector, which I always grab for myself. The one in the way is something of real low Ore, like a 6 or something.

First time I discovered it I lost an Elephant and about 20 million in goods. I don't think Ego ever moved it, either.

The sector is Cho's Defeat.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Tue, 27. Aug 13, 16:29

DiArmada wrote:that's why I have no UT's or ST's but totally rely on selfsustained complexes for income
8)
Giving up 40% of the income to avoid the occasional loss of a freighter.

Oooooookay.

Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Gold Dragon
x3tc

Post by Gold Dragon » Tue, 27. Aug 13, 23:15

Threesixtyci wrote:I remember there being an asteroid in a Split Sector that will destroy any TL that leaves the shipyard's northern slips, while you're in sector. There are two 70 yield silicon asteroids in that sector, which I always grab for myself. The one in the way is something of real low Ore, like a 6 or something.

First time I discovered it I lost an Elephant and about 20 million in goods. I don't think Ego ever moved it, either.

The sector is Cho's Defeat.

Put a low level mine on it, and self destruct it. Problem solved. And cheaper than many TLs.
-- GD

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Tue, 27. Aug 13, 23:18

Gold Dragon wrote:

Put a low level mine on it, and self destruct it. Problem solved. And cheaper than many TLs.
Put a mine on it and tow it out of the way. If nothing else it can be a storage bin.

Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Tue, 27. Aug 13, 23:23

Timsup2nothin wrote:Full speed smack in a springblossom...that's gotta hurt.
Nah, it's over so fast the poor bastard probably never knew what hit him ... er, what he hit. :D

Careful station placement can at least alleviate this in the sectors where you built factories. One of the advantages of my typical complex construction method is that it puts the hub well clear of the plex (by a dozen kilometers at least) so there's no risk of the freighters getting confused and crashing into the factories.

Also, location, location, location: try not to use densely populated sectors (sometimes this is unavoidable, of course), and put your complexes well clear of the travel lanes and any large objects like shipyards. I once made the mistake of putting a boozeplex such that the straight-line course your ships always take intersected with the Weaver's Tempest shipyard. It was okay for a while, but then I came in-sector at exactly the wrong moment and had one of my Q-ships* hit the shipyard.

* My personal nickname for turning an M6 into a freighter, from a naval term.
Timsup2nothin wrote:
DiArmada wrote:that's why I have no UT's or ST's but totally rely on selfsustained complexes for income
8)
Giving up 40% of the income to avoid the occasional loss of a freighter.

Oooooookay.
There's always a tradeoff, in this case income versus convenience. Tim trades the inconvenience of having to replace ships more often for greater profitsss, DiArmada and I prefer slow but reliable money. About the only place I use Mk3 traders is in Sol and Aldrin where there's loads of empty space and I have the broken economy forcing the issue.
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”