Missiles : X3TC - One Shot, One Kill

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

AgamemnonArgon
x3tc

Missiles : X3TC - One Shot, One Kill

Post by AgamemnonArgon » Mon, 26. Aug 13, 14:21

Recommendations ?

In my new game I am using an M3.

Current Missile : Silkworm.

Easy to get, nice sound on launch, fire and forget.

It will one shot a Harrier, Elite.
Two shots for a Buster, and three to four take out a Nova.

HEPT are the main weapon x4.
Argon Patriot and Battlemaster
Peace - Through Superior Firepower

BurningMan
x3ap

Post by BurningMan » Mon, 26. Aug 13, 14:24

Thunderbolts for M3 and if you can equip them Typhoons for everything bigger.

If you need more detailed advice maybe saying us which ship and version you are flying would help ;)

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Mon, 26. Aug 13, 14:44

Missile Guide.

In short, dumbfire missiles are difficult to aim at moving targets and thus considered pretty useless.

Otherwise, you're looking for missiles that have the damage to take their intended target AND enough speed to catch it, and quite a few don't have that. Example: some missiles are in the 5k range (anti-M5) but at only 200 m/s they can't hope to catch actual M5's.

Swarm missiles are preferred for confusing turret fire on enemy ships. Otherwise for straight damage you can use the single fire missiles too.

Some ships can use larger missiles than their class would suggest, which makes them hidden gems for specific situations.

brownthomasw
x3ap

Re: Missiles : X3TC - One Shot, One Kill

Post by brownthomasw » Mon, 26. Aug 13, 15:58

AgamemnonArgon wrote:Recommendations ?
Stinking Teladi sell tempests, typhoons and guns to anyone but need rank to buy thier ships.

AgamemnonArgon
x3tc

Post by AgamemnonArgon » Mon, 26. Aug 13, 17:51

Yeah I guess I ran my last game so long, it's a case of relearning how to fly something smaller than a destroyer.

It does take so much damage it spoils one when an enemy can hit you and spin your fighter just with a smaller missile hit.

Thunderbolt,
Tornado,
Tempest,
and the Silkworm are proving quite effective but my overall favourite is certainly the Hornet, hence my spending the last two days in Paranid space to get a good enough reputation to jump into an M6, and get my hands on their missiles.
Getting enough of them is always difficult until getting funds to buy ones own manufacturing plants.
Argon Patriot and Battlemaster
Peace - Through Superior Firepower

Zaijka
x4

Post by Zaijka » Mon, 26. Aug 13, 21:30

Best anti-M5s are Disruptor and Hurricane missiles. Those two are the fastest shoot-and-forget-almost-any-M5. If you collect dropped missiles, you will have enough hurricanes for every M5 you encounter.

Hurricane missile is actually a squash mine, flying at high speed, so if you feel cool you can take out an entire lone khaak cluster with an M4/M5. When all its M5s detach and fly in your direction at about 3km distance, shoot one hurricane at the central M3. This will kill all M5s around and then you will have to deal with what is left from the M3. :)

These two are my absolute favourites when flying small ships.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”