[X3AP] X3 vet, but brand new Terran player...

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

hourheroyes
x4

[X3AP] X3 vet, but brand new Terran player...

Post by hourheroyes » Tue, 27. Aug 13, 20:41

So I started as a Terran for the first time in my 400+ hours of X3 play, because I've just NEVER used Terran stuff, or gone up into Terran space! I want to try it out and play through the Terran plot, do the new AP plots and such, but I'm hitting a problem--

Everyone hates me! How do you get out to explore the universe when almost every sector ends up being hostile to you? I do kind of want to stay hostile at the Argon for once, but is it possible to survive and thrive in the universe like that? Plus, I'm afraid of the dying Terran economy everyone talks about...

Any tips for an X3 vet, but brand new Terran player?

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Tue, 27. Aug 13, 21:44

I'm a TC player, not AP, so my answer might be sketchy.

I have made mountains of credits playing as a Terran in Terran space, and mountains of credits will solve most problems. For instance the lack of fabs supplying Terran weaponry is easily managed if you have the cash to clone weapons in bulk when they are available on ships at the shipyard. It really won't matter who your enemies are, because you can run a substantial empire in Terran space and they can't touch it..
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Tue, 27. Aug 13, 22:24

It depends on the start.

I believe if you start as the Commander, then you're in the war already and they'll throw you right into the fighting, and the enemies will be set at "hate" standings.

However, if you start as Aldran Adventurer, that's a more peaceful version of the Terran side; you can get involved in the war plots later, and most of the races should be neutral enough to let you gain standings by doing missions.

Otherwise, you'll have to repair your standings the usual (hard) way: kill pirates or Xenon in empire space until they like you enough to give you missions, and then do missions. The NE areas of the universe map are very close to Xenon sectors, so if you want to fix Teladi rep, go to Grand Exchange, for Boron go to Menelaus Paradise, for Split go to Zyarth's Stand, etc.

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Tue, 27. Aug 13, 22:37

Start as a Terran Commander but avoid killing every argon you meet.

Then get a Valkyrie or rapier and either run through the war zones to the far south east or go through the xenon sectors from Segaris.

This will give you a chance to do missions for the Teladi initially then the Boron by taking their missions in Teladi space. It doesn't actually take that long to build up rep with these two races then it's up to you.

hourheroyes
x4

Post by hourheroyes » Fri, 30. Aug 13, 01:11

What's a good starting plan in Terran space? I'm used to the Argon Prime type start with trading ore, ecells, etc...

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Fri, 30. Aug 13, 01:19

Again, I'm TC not AP, but I made a mountain of credits trading ice. In TC at least there are a whole lot more ice mines than water purifiers, so if you sit on the purifiers and sell at average (128) you can get all the sales, which will allow you to buy ice from the mines at minimum (50) all day long.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Aidyer
x3tc

Post by Aidyer » Fri, 30. Aug 13, 01:36

When I started as a Terran I did lots of Argon missions in Harmony of Perpetuity (Goner space) and the notoriety gradually increased and by the time it got past the bottom level it shot up to citizen and then I could start improving relations in other commonwealth races.

Took me a few hours of gameplay but it's well worth the effort, seeing the occasional taxi mission appear here and there.

druid62
x3tc

Post by druid62 » Fri, 30. Aug 13, 07:42

in terran space they finally gave us the jump beacons making it easier to move around
some take a bit of searching but make it worth the time [some have lasertower near them]
i keep economy running by having complex providing carbo /protein/water at 1cr under NPC do the leg work

started first in Mars then another in Saturn 2 and uranus 2
the npc come from all over in steady stream
also make a point of keeping Keris factory supplied with silicon
if you dont want to supply the energy the Npc will do it at 17 cr

after 100 hrs no factorys hav disappeared yet an weapons an missles are always available

BurningMan
x3ap

Post by BurningMan » Fri, 30. Aug 13, 09:09

You don't need to be afraid of losing stations as GOD is alot more friendly to the terrans in AP and you can buy almost every Terran station now.
I would like to help you getting started, but i actually never started as a Terran either so i don't really got any useful tips outside of do missions for cash and try getting friendly with the other races by shooting down hostiles..

pref
x4

Post by pref » Fri, 30. Aug 13, 09:10

In my first TC game i started as a terran, and left for commonwealth space immediately. Built up the rep from freight/roid scan missions mainly in pirate space. They grant you pirate rep + plus rep for the race the quest giver belongs to iirc. Also many hack station missions there - i think it was realitively easy this way.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”