Albion Prelude and Steam

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

viridium
x3ap

Albion Prelude and Steam

Post by viridium » Thu, 29. Aug 13, 13:30

I just bought the boxed edition of X3: AP Terran War Pack off Amazon, should get it tomorrow. I was wondering why there weren't any patches in the Downloads section but looking at the info page here am I right thinking I need to register at Steam to activate the game and receive any patches?

Hopefully there will be some info in or on the box to inform what I need to do?

Sorry if that seems an obvious question but I've been playing MMOs for the last 5 years and never used Steam :)

Mods: Sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum, I'm not allowed to post in technical support forums. Please feel free to move this if it shouldn't be here

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 29. Aug 13, 13:33

Yes, there are instructions in the box. And you'll be able to post in Tech Support once you've received and registered your game in your [url=http://forum.egosoft.com/profile.php?mode=editprofile][b]Fo[/b]rum[b]Pr[/b]ofile[/url] here. :)

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Thu, 29. Aug 13, 14:09

Yes, you need to register and activate with Steam, and Steam will automatically patch your game.

You can actually register ahead of time, if you don't want to be rushed through it during the game installation. Then the game installation will just ask you for your Steam ID.

viridium
x3ap

Post by viridium » Thu, 29. Aug 13, 21:04

thanks for the quick replies, and also the tip on Steam, I'll get pre-registered in a sec.

Good to see the community is as helpful as ever :) I used to post under the name teladianium but that was over 5 years ago and I forgot my old login.

Looking forward to getting back in to it.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Thu, 29. Aug 13, 22:09

Now there's a name I remember !

Welcome back.

Wow, you've missed alot !

Won't take you long to get up to speed though :)

viridium
x3ap

Post by viridium » Fri, 30. Aug 13, 21:42

Hey hey,

I should be all registered up now. Thanks for the tip above to pre-register on Steam, saved me some hassle.

:)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”