[X3AP] Next HQ

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Aidyer
x3tc

[X3AP] Next HQ

Post by Aidyer » Thu, 29. Aug 13, 16:53

Haven't played in a while, and I did the Incorporated mission and got a Strong Arms style HQ. I've got a HQ in Gunne's Crusade along with two large complexes and a destroyer circling it, so it's pretty laggy as it is and that's my main base of operations.

I want to branch out and militarize another sector, where can you suggest? Pirate sectors are fine, obviously not xenon ones though. Probably not too close to Gunne's Crusade either.

ta

Aidyer
x3tc

Post by Aidyer » Thu, 29. Aug 13, 19:27

Alright, here's an example. I might put it in Maelstrom near the west gate heavily protected by destroyers so I can keep attacking the pirates, or maybe I'll put it near a xenon sector. Hell I could even put it in a xenon sector well behind a gate.

Any of these a good idea? Anyone got anything better? This'll be like a fortified base where I can build ships and attack things almost constantly with a lot of protection (inc. lasertowers)

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Thu, 29. Aug 13, 19:31

I suggest the unknown sector east of legends home as it is well isolated and with the hub you can link it pretty much to anywhere.

AgamemnonArgon
x3tc

Post by AgamemnonArgon » Fri, 30. Aug 13, 00:21

Any Unknown Sector sounds good.

They are invaluable for Fleet assembly and prep areas, always good to militarise and take over as ones own.
Argon Patriot and Battlemaster
Peace - Through Superior Firepower

RiverRat2800

Post by RiverRat2800 » Fri, 30. Aug 13, 06:29

Sorry to disappoint you but you can't build ships in the 2nd HQ. It's basically just a higher capacity EQ dock.

Aidyer
x3tc

Post by Aidyer » Fri, 30. Aug 13, 18:46

RiverRat2800 wrote:Sorry to disappoint you but you can't build ships in the 2nd HQ. It's basically just a higher capacity EQ dock.
well that's annoying, what use is that? no seriously, what would you or have you done with this second HQ? i'd like to know :p

T0rmented
x3tc

Post by T0rmented » Fri, 30. Aug 13, 21:50

What i did with my 2nd HQ, Every single one of my complexes has an internal logistics freighter bringing wares to my corporate HQ (and my EQs and trade docks) which have homebased a bunch of salesmen CAGs. These CAGs then sell on my goods and make me many many profitssss. Basically i use the corporate HQ as a giant warehouse/wholesalers. It is located close to the east gate in my own sector (breaking grounds plot reward). The original player headquarters is in the middle of this sector with a jump beacon next to it that only my ships can use and this HQ is kept as close to empty as i can with a CLS set to keep a low level of resources for ship production/repair.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”