OOS Manual Trades

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

dzilla77

OOS Manual Trades

Post by dzilla77 » Fri, 30. Aug 13, 14:06

Is there a way (software upgrade) that allows me to see the prices of goods when out of sector to try to facilitate profitable trades?

Or do people just set up a repetitive trade run between a station which has a very large supply of something to a station which consumes it?

Trying to figure out the least painful way to build credits to get the Mk3 software to set up an ST.

Thanks.

dryfus3368
x3tc

Post by dryfus3368 » Fri, 30. Aug 13, 14:08

IIRC Best buy and Best Sell software with a trading system extension on your own ship will work.

Mousse9
x3tc

Post by Mousse9 » Fri, 30. Aug 13, 14:10

Put up Satellites (Advanced ones have bigger range) with the stations in range, so you can tell what the prices are. Or have a ship in that sector.

Best Buy and Best Sell only work in sector. Trading Extension is used when you want to buy/sell stuff with a ship you're not piloting.

IConquer
x3ap

Post by IConquer » Fri, 30. Aug 13, 14:19

In order to view the prices of a good remotely, you must have: 1) A trading system extension, and 2) some sort of asset in the actual sector. This can be anything from a satellite, a station, or a docked ship.

One thing that facilitates trading is the best buys and best selling price locators.

The best buys locators will only work in system if you're trying to scan all the goods (it's the same interface as if you were using it, accessed from the remote ship's menu), or it can be used on a single good across many systems (remote best buy command from the command console.)

Likewise, the best selling price locator will only work in the system the ship is in when you're trying to find the best prices for all the goods a ship is carrying. However, the ship will seek out the best sales price of any specified good within a specified number of jumps when you use the remote best sell command.

My preferred method for manual trading is to use best buys locator to buy goods in system, then remote best sell command to both sell it and relocate to a new system.

When your assets get to a level where you can't (or you don't want to) manage all of them at once, you want to begin looking into either CLS or Sector/Universe traders.

CLS requires a bit of research (plenty of guides by our resident expert, timsup2nothin :D), but many consider them to be a more reliable source of income if you can set it up right.

Sector/universe traders require very little setup, but they can be quite finnicky, are prone to wandering, and sometimes will stop completely to ask you to clean up a mess that they made.

And that's about it. Don't know why I decided to write a mini thesis here.
Game played: X3:AP unless otherwise specified

Mousse9
x3tc

Post by Mousse9 » Fri, 30. Aug 13, 14:30

IConquer is right, I was wrong about the Best Buy and Best Sell thing.

Never knew you could access that via a remote ship menu. You live and learn...

dzilla77

Post by dzilla77 » Fri, 30. Aug 13, 14:54

Thanks to all for the info.

So it seems to do what I want, I should put a satelite up in the sector I want to trade in so i can see the prices of the goods.

Manks
x3tc

Post by Manks » Fri, 30. Aug 13, 21:50

I'll also add that both types of satellites come with best buys/best sell software built in. You still need it on your ship to access it, but you can then use theirs remotely. Unfortunately, the best-sell keys to what is in your cargo hold. This means that to make the most use of it, you would have to have at least 1 unit of whatever it is you're trying to move.

Any other ship with it installed (like a MORT, for example) will also let you access the best buy/sell menus in another sector. You can also tell those ships to dock at stations from said menus. I find this useful mostly for buying energy cells, since I don't often carry around one unit of ore or nostrop oil or what-have-you.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”