X2 Computer Verbal Identification Misnaming Systems

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Jaqua

X2 Computer Verbal Identification Misnaming Systems

Post by Jaqua » Sat, 31. Aug 13, 13:15

As stated in title, when I target a gate it misidentifies where it leads to as well as when I jump into a system via the gates, the verbal computer misidentifies the locations. For Antigone's Memorial for example it identified it as Seizewell. The text on the map and others that are literally text work fine, but for some reason the computer when speaking identifies the locations as something else. Additionally, it says warning but cuts off not identifying what is being warned. It has been a couple of years but doesn't the verbal computer warn you of proximity/combat yet none of these have happened yet in the game so I don't know why it is warning me. The cutscenes work fine as does music and sound effects except the verbal computer.

I honestly have no idea why it is doing this as the only installs I have done are from the main egosoft.com page of patches and bonus materials. Any help would be much appreciated.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: X2 Computer Verbal Identification Misnaming Systems

Post by CBJ » Sat, 31. Aug 13, 22:54

Jaqua wrote:Any help would be much appreciated.
If you want help then you need to give us some information to work with. The information requested in the very first thread in this forum is the bare minimum we'd need to have any chance of helping you at all. Most important in this case are the version of the game you are running, whether you are running it via Steam, and whether or not it is modified, but your [url=http://www.egosoft.com/support/faq/faq_answer_en.php?answer=610&version=8][b]DX[/b][b]D[/b]iag[/url] report is also going to be needed so that we can see whether there are any system issues.

Jaqua

Post by Jaqua » Sun, 1. Sep 13, 00:52

The game is the original disc format released in America from a box published by Enlight. There is no steam. Plot game. As I stated there are no other sound bugs, it is almost as if the identifiers for which sounds to be spoken by the computer are messed up. Additionally there are no error messages nor crashes. It is severely annoying and throws you out of the game experience to enter one system and be told by the verbal computer that you are in another even though the map accessed by [.] or [,] is saying something far different.

DXDIAG Info Removed
Last edited by Jaqua on Sun, 1. Sep 13, 01:30, edited 1 time in total.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sun, 1. Sep 13, 01:10

If the identifiers were messed up then everyone would have the same problem.

First make sure that your game is fully and correctly patched up to the latest version. A partially- or incorrectly-patched game could suffer the problem you describe if files from one version were mixed with files from another. Details of the patches you might need are in this FAQ entry and the patches themselves are on the Downloads page.

The second possibility is that the files are fine, but the codecs used to interpret the sound files are messed up. Problems with codecs are depressingly common, and you do seem to have rather a long codec list including several that are known to be problematic. Of the ones you have, the Cyberlink and MainConcept ones fall into that category and may need to be removed, but shortening the list generally by removing any big codec packs you have installed might help too.

Jaqua

Post by Jaqua » Sun, 1. Sep 13, 01:29

Thanks for the help. I will just uninstall and reinstall since that seems to be my only option as I do not want to screw with what works for my computer and X2 is updated to 1.5

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”