Invisible cockpit, vanilla cockpit reference.

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Ameer Nuub
x3tc

Invisible cockpit, vanilla cockpit reference.

Post by Ameer Nuub » Sun, 1. Sep 13, 02:37

Trying to grab a ship out of a mod to make an xsp out of it. Everything is fine with the .xsp I made, except the cockpit. In the mod, it has a custom x-wing cockpit. The custom cockpit shows in the .xsp I made, but it is “invisible” with only a wireframe of the custom cockpit, which looks upside-down, and the cannons are bunched together at the top rather than on the sides, again, all invisible except for their wireframes. The cockpit reference in the T-ships file just shows “paranid_m3_cp_scene”. There is no custom cockpit file in the folders that I see.

I copied all dds files from the mod just to try and nail down if it was just missing some odd dds, but that didn't fix the problem. The path reference looks to be correct and several "just in case" path changes did not work.

Anyone recognize this problem?

Ameer Nuub
x3tc

Post by Ameer Nuub » Mon, 2. Sep 13, 14:25

The Stealth X ship I'm referring to is one of Arachno's who has responded to a PM saying he doesn't use custom cockpits. So the nose and side cannons seen in the below picture from inside the cockpit must be an automatic generation...

http://i481.photobucket.com/albums/rr17 ... 6c6752.jpg

... but this picture is from the mod. If it is an automatic thing, and the individual .xsp I made from the mod is all fine on the outside, why would it not be fine on the inside like it is in the mod version?

It leads me to believe there is some file I missed while creating the .xsp, but I don't know and would appreciate some insight.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”