[X3:TC] Effective turret commands for M2?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Jimmy C
x3tc

[X3:TC] Effective turret commands for M2?

Post by Jimmy C » Sun, 1. Sep 13, 08:44

I got myself a Boreas for dealing with the last part of OFF, and I was wondering, what are the best commands to set the turrets to?
Right now, I've got the front, sides and rear turrets loaded with PPCs and ICs and set to Attack Enemies. The top and bottom turrets with PRGs and set to Attack Fighters.
Is there a better way to set things up? And what's the difference between Attack Enemies and Attack My Target on a turret? How do things change when I'm in the M2 or not?

Focker

Post by Focker » Sun, 1. Sep 13, 08:55

For my Akuma I set the front and sides to "Attack Capitals" and the top and bottom to "Attack Fighters", then if I'm running with IBL's in the rear I set it to "Attack Enemies" or "Missile Defense" if I find I'm getting a lot of missiles fired at me I switch the top and bottom to "Missile Defense" and change the guns on to CIG's. Since the Boreas can mount PPC in the rear you could set that up to "Attack Capitals" and make use of it if you have to out maneuver multiple M1, M2 class ships.

Hemmingfish

Post by Hemmingfish » Sun, 1. Sep 13, 10:02

Wow, I didn't realise you could set turrets to attack capitals or fighters specifically. All this time I've been using "Attack my target" on my turrets and strategically selecting enemies.

tindebroed

Post by tindebroed » Sun, 1. Sep 13, 14:03

I don't know if this is equal for TC or AP... but in AP you can also click options, gameplay options and select "turret commands" (or something), and then you can specify what the different turret options entail.

The options are then entered in order of preference, so if you at the top of "attack capitals" have attack capitals M7 or greater, then you can have attack capitals M6 or greater below that... then the turret will attack M6 if no M7+ is in range, but switch target if one gets in range.

Likewise for attack fighters you can then put "missile defence" at the top, so the turrets will attack fighters... but go to missile defence as priority when needed.

For Boreas specifically I prefer pure PPC+FAA loadout, but weapons is to each man his own.

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Sun, 1. Sep 13, 15:12

tindebroed wrote:I don't know if this is equal for TC or AP... but in AP you can also click options, gameplay options and select "turret commands" (or something), and then you can specify what the different turret options entail.

The options are then entered in order of preference, so if you at the top of "attack capitals" have attack capitals M7 or greater, then you can have attack capitals M6 or greater below that... then the turret will attack M6 if no M7+ is in range, but switch target if one gets in range.

Likewise for attack fighters you can then put "missile defence" at the top, so the turrets will attack fighters... but go to missile defence as priority when needed.

For Boreas specifically I prefer pure PPC+FAA loadout, but weapons is to each man his own.
Those options are AP only, I'm afraid. For TC you have to make do with the rather limited options you have available, or head over to the S/M forums for some more intelligent turret scripts.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Astronoid
x3tc

Post by Astronoid » Sun, 1. Sep 13, 17:49

For OFF, i used all PPCs in front-side turrets, IPGs in back, and 2-2 FAAs and CFAs in up-down. Set everything to attack all enemies, but i fired the rear turret manually, as it doesn't seem to hit as many times as a side/front turret does with IPGs, so the Kha'ak will only live at the back of the ship, where nothing else can hit it. Anyways, they got my Boreas down to 45% shield even with me controlling the weapons.
"Kiss my plasma vats"!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”