[XBTF]Questions about making money

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

N4N
x3tc

[XBTF]Questions about making money

Post by N4N » Sun, 1. Sep 13, 22:40

I created an ore mine in Profit share(I dont even know why, since there is one already here.....anyway) but its running out of Energy cells all the time, I put cash into the station and I bring the cells myself, but nobody stop and sells cells to station and by the way nobody come to buy the ORE, even if I put low price to the stuff.
Any way I can make a ship transport energy cells there? A cheap way, because I dont think I can afford to buy a ship. I have serious problems making money here, takes me lot of runs thru many stations, buying and selling to do few thousands, I dont think I can buy expensive staff such as mineral scanner or trading system extension, since I barelly have money for myself.
Any early game making money tips?

AgamemnonArgon
x3tc

Post by AgamemnonArgon » Mon, 2. Sep 13, 00:12

As long as you have money to buy energy cells, you can buy or use a current ship to buy for your station.

The ship or fighter needs Trade 1 and 2 installed and supply software.

Goto ships command menu.
Select choose home-base.
When map appears find and target your base.
Go to top of command menu.
Select Buy wares for best price.
Select Energy cells
The ship will automatically seek out and buy for energy.
If the station is full the ship will wait until the station needs more energy then set off again to buy.
A fighter can also be used as Energy cells are a small ware.
Argon Patriot and Battlemaster
Peace - Through Superior Firepower

N4N
x3tc

Post by N4N » Mon, 2. Sep 13, 00:36

AgamemnonArgon wrote:As long as you have money to buy energy cells, you can buy or use a current ship to buy for your station.

The ship or fighter needs Trade 1 and 2 installed and supply software.

Goto ships command menu.
Select choose home-base.
When map appears find and target your base.
Go to top of command menu.
Select Buy wares for best price.
Select Energy cells
The ship will automatically seek out and buy for energy.
If the station is full the ship will wait until the station needs more energy then set off again to buy.
A fighter can also be used as Energy cells are a small ware.
yeah well, that's in other games, such as X3, but Im in X beyond the frontier, and there is no such thing as ship comands menu...
but thx anyway

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Mon, 2. Sep 13, 08:55

In BTF you purchase transport ships and give them orders via the station menu--if you land at your ore mine you'll see an option to buy transport ships. However, I'm pretty sure those ships are limited to only buying resources the station needs, it's not possible to set them to automatically sell its products.

However, you can pretty much always make money on stations in BTF because of the way the pricing structure is laid out--even if you set your ore to sell at the lowest possible price (to undercut the competition), you can still make a profit.

N4N
x3tc

Post by N4N » Mon, 2. Sep 13, 09:51

pjknibbs wrote:In BTF you purchase transport ships and give them orders via the station menu--if you land at your ore mine you'll see an option to buy transport ships. However, I'm pretty sure those ships are limited to only buying resources the station needs, it's not possible to set them to automatically sell its products.

However, you can pretty much always make money on stations in BTF because of the way the pricing structure is laid out--even if you set your ore to sell at the lowest possible price (to undercut the competition), you can still make a profit.
oh lord, so you buy ships from stations......no wonder I couldnt find any at shipyards,.... :evil: I thought they didnt want to sell to me because of low rank, but now I understand why.....

Thanks a lot, as usual ;)

By the way, I couldnt see any rank list anywhere, is there rank in XBTF? Also to be honest, the lack of proper menu system, is troublesome, I even miss the "ugly" Reunion menu system :P

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”