What ship should I use to kill xenon capital ships

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

shea
x4

What ship should I use to kill xenon capital ships

Post by shea » Mon, 2. Sep 13, 00:19

Hi guys I need to destroy 50 xenon capital ships,could you guys give advise on which ship I should use most of the xenon ships are I,J and a few K,s.and advise would be great.thanks :?
Life is a waste of time,time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!
http://steamcommunity.com/id/shea1980

AgamemnonArgon
x3tc

Post by AgamemnonArgon » Mon, 2. Sep 13, 00:29

I don't know about killing fifty Capitals.

To kill one Xenon M7 I will use a Shrike, my favourite ship in the game, with the OTAS Boreas a close second, to engage any enemy Capital ship, as the Boreas carries the most powerful weapons, the Argon designed PPC.
Argon Patriot and Battlemaster
Peace - Through Superior Firepower

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Mon, 2. Sep 13, 03:02

A Cobra and a Kyoto do the job but you need to keep jumping OOS to recharge shields and restock missiles.

I tended to swap between the two then went back at it whilst the other one was regenerating or restocking.

brownthomasw
x3ap

Post by brownthomasw » Mon, 2. Sep 13, 05:00

You might need a couple ships. I'd say a Tiger and all the m2's i could muster. I like variety and since you've got xenon to kill you have time to try them out.

I'd imagine you're shields will get low along the ride. You can switch m2's and let the others recharge. Not sure how spread out they come at you or what precisely the mission is heard rumors but i'm still on tc.

If I just had a couple, I don't love the Boreas but pound for pound it's the best commonwealth m2. Then a Boron Ray or Terran but i still havn't used thier ships much, Terrans generally better than the boreas though. Then a split m2 or Akuma. Then Pheonix or Odysseus, Im just partial to the pheonix as i don't get much use out of it. Then Argon. Call in an m7m for a change around number 32. They can do it. Tiger can do it, if you got money to burn throw a carrier with some fighters at a couple of them, not really practical but sounds like a marathon you might like the change of pace, just save and know you'll lose fighters. maybe all of them 100 million $ or so. Switch m2's near the gate or in another sector.

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Killing Xenon

Post by Bill Huntington » Mon, 2. Sep 13, 05:53

In TC, I used the Tyr to kill perhaps 60 - 80 Xenon Capitals in one game, probably more. My sidekick was the Skirnir with Shadows, but I had to be careful because I was in Core 023, and an excess Shadow could take out the last Xenon SY, with well known consequences. I would kill one crop of them, jump out, come back in 10 minutes, or sometimes 1 minute, and kill them all over again. They spawn in a SY if there is one. And if there is only one, they are all there, if you killed them all when you cleared the X sectors. I was Fight rank Legend, but it got kind of boring, just killing them like fish in barrel. Too much of a good thing, maybe.

Good Hunting!
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

tindebroed

Post by tindebroed » Mon, 2. Sep 13, 11:05

I used a Tyr w/o backup. It eats Xenon Is for breakfast. That thing is a monster.

Kyoto will also do the job solo, but it does get hit more and being a fair bit slower it can't flank as easily as the Tyr, so you might need to gatehop a bit.

An M7M with a huge payload will do it easily as well... but I don't find M7Ms satisfying to use.

Mousse9
x3tc

Post by Mousse9 » Mon, 2. Sep 13, 11:23

I'm curious. What happens when you destroy the last Xenon shipyard?

e1team
x3tc

Post by e1team » Mon, 2. Sep 13, 12:59

Deimos PSGs all round... nuf said :paranid: :twisted:
"I feel like that's not the way fantasy space travel works in the real fantasy universe."
[ external image ][ external image ][ external image ]
Freya Nocturne's Sigantures

AgamemnonArgon
x3tc

Post by AgamemnonArgon » Mon, 2. Sep 13, 13:08

Xenon shipyards respawn

It can be useful to flatten a sector to get some rest from the constant xenon migration.

Otherwise known as The Xenon Turkey Shoot.....

N4N
x3tc

Post by N4N » Mon, 2. Sep 13, 13:21

hyperion vanguard + typhoon missile factory = kill anything anywhere anytime.

Lone Jedi
x3tc

Post by Lone Jedi » Mon, 2. Sep 13, 14:03

N4N wrote:hyperion vanguard + typhoon missile factory = kill anything anywhere anytime.
Missile spamming is gay.
I live in my Vidar.

Laser hit efficiency: 97% @190,499 shots
Missile hit efficiency: 97% @4,204 missiles fired

Mousse9
x3tc

Post by Mousse9 » Mon, 2. Sep 13, 14:18

So the Xenon shipyards respawn, umm, so? That stuff happens.

Unless you mean they'll spawn in another sector, like, your home sector or the sector with all your industry.

Or did you mean that if you destroy the last Xenon shipyard, ALL the other shipyards respawn as well? Because that WOULD be bad.

BankruptAssasin
xr

Post by BankruptAssasin » Mon, 2. Sep 13, 14:22

I think Nuclear Slug may take offence to that comment,

I to like using missiles, they offer something else in the game to use, it's like saying IBL's is Gay because they are so strong, when 99.99% of people that play the game have them as a stable part of their weapons list.

Bk on subject - I have only ever attacked a Xenon sector in 1 game, my DiD, and i used a Tiger for it, very strong M7 and it owned Q's. J's & K's were an issue though, but the main problem with attacking the Xenon in my experience has got to be the Kamikaze attacks that knock 50% of ur sheilds off. Stupid/Smart Toasters
X3TC - Awesome
AP - Just started playing - Looks impressive
don't play Reunion - Too old
Rebirth - we all know the problems here

We're All dying from the moment we are Born.

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Mon, 2. Sep 13, 14:24

From what i read, destroying the last SY results in Xenon spawning massive reinforcements out of nowhere. It is pretty much a "crazy mode" button.
Right on commander !

Mousse9
x3tc

Post by Mousse9 » Mon, 2. Sep 13, 14:42

Massive reinforcements out of nowhere....Yes, that sounds very bad indeed.

I wonder if I could (in a very late game stage) clear out Xenon 101, 347 and 472, because those are the ones actually in the way of trade routes.

OK, 101 not so much, but it's unnervingly close to the main Argon bloc, and my industry...

-XeNoN-
x4

Post by -XeNoN- » Mon, 2. Sep 13, 16:22

You can use:

Notice: The ranking is from the strongest to weakest option!

M2+
1.Xenon I (If you can aquire it) his missile barrages with any missile can clear any sector with ease. also its deadly vs any enemy
2.Kyoto - his fighter/m8 or M6 wing can give enemies quite trouble
3.Megalodon - Good all arounder, deadly vs capitals, beause of his huge size he can not evade easily enemy attacks
4.Pteranodon - Fastest M2+ hybrid (m1/m2+), its best for hit and run tactics

M2:
1. Boreas - Powerful M2 but can be destroyed
2. Python - Fast and powerful vs capitals, weaker vs fighter's
3. Ray - Fast and powerful vs capitals and fighter's but due to his large construction can absorb too much enemy fire

M7:
1. Tiger - Fast and powerful
2. Shrike - Slow but can give enemies trouble
3. Agamemnon - 6 gj shielding and balanced weaponry can be useful
4. Deimos - Simmilar to Aga

M7M:
1. Cobra - Best in this task of the M7M's, fast and can clear sector fast

Aidyer
x3tc

Post by Aidyer » Mon, 2. Sep 13, 16:26

I used a Carrack with PBC's where available until I started again, very powerful and fun to destroy capitals in. Hard to destroy Xenon I's with though, I'd recommend the OTAS Boreas or Boron Megalodon.

And if you want to destroy 50 all in one go, definitely go for the Boreas, it's very small for a destroyer, quite fast and agile, so it's easier to strafe and avoid getting hit with capital weapons.

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Post by Bill Huntington » Mon, 2. Sep 13, 18:04

Killing the last Xenon SY results in spawning in EVERY Xenon sector. I don't think it stops even when the SY respawns. And they are coming out on missions, everywhere. So your regular game is toast. You don't have time for an orderly replacement on gate blockades, because every one of them is under serious attack. Every sector has a certain quota of ships. When it reaches the quota, spawning stops. If there is a Xenon SY, the ships for an X sector spawn there and migrate to it.

Taking and holding X472, between Thynn and BHS, is not that hard. You can put up a defensive structure with a lot of Lasertowers, away from the traffic lanes, and withstand any Xenon attack. And you can still have a regular game besides that. One reason is that there is no Xenon spawning in the sector. It is the only one like that. Xenon come from other areas, but none spawn in the sector. (Until the SY respawns) But when the last SY is killed, Xenon will start spawning in X472, and don't stop.

I should have counted them, but now I'll just estimate that there are 20 Xenon capitals in the game. That is J and K. If they all spawn in one SY, that is a nice session to take them all out in one go. They come out one or two at a time, so you a little time between. Your shields wear down sometimes, so you might have to do the drop shield technique to get them back to 100%. And many times, you don't have the chance and have to jump to a gate to have a minute. Fleets don't have a chance to last, only you in your personal ship, and perhaps 1 sidekick. Not a wingman, they are toast.

After you have cleared the capitals in the sector, you can jump out. Then jump back in a minute or so, and they will all come out again. If you don't leave, they don't come out again.

I have found that no M7, M7M, or Carrier by itself can last in this kind of Xenon sector fight. Eventually multiple Xenon will spawn close and wear down the shields, and even destroy your ship. A Tyr or an Osaka has 6 x 2GJ shields and can hang. Even a Boreas is marginal with only 5 x 2GJ shields.

The Tyr has very little storage, so a sidekick helps to carry E and perhaps missiles. The Skirnir has 4 x 2GJ, so it fits. With the Tyr close it can survive for a good while. And it's a nice change of pace to shift to the Skirnir, fire 1 Shadow at each available capital, then shift back to the Tyr to finish them off.

Good Hunting!
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

AgamemnonArgon
x3tc

Post by AgamemnonArgon » Mon, 2. Sep 13, 23:50

Mousse9 wrote:So the Xenon shipyards respawn, umm, so? That stuff happens.

Unless you mean they'll spawn in another sector, like, your home sector or the sector with all your industry.

Or did you mean that if you destroy the last Xenon shipyard, ALL the other shipyards respawn as well? Because that WOULD be bad.
Xenon Sectors restore themselves, to before the attack, but it takes time.

Like Mysterons, you just can't kill them off, as they restore themselves as they were....

o o

elektrohawk
x4

Post by elektrohawk » Mon, 2. Sep 13, 23:58

BankruptAssasin wrote:I think Nuclear Slug may take offence to that comment,

I to like using missiles, they offer something else in the game to use, it's like saying IBL's is Gay because they are so strong, when 99.99% of people that play the game have them as a stable part of their weapons list.
So you're trying to argue something, by using generalizations. Far, far fewer than 99.99% of people that play the game use IBLs as part of their weapon list. There are likely many people who choose the (what I'd consider boring) easy out, of fielding tons of M7Ms to scorched earth sectors, and then there are others like myself, that have a doctrine that does not include IBLs. In my case, I -only- field Terran/ATF ships. I may have some captured ships in my fleet, but that's simply as trophies, or they're filling in till I can replace them with an appropriate True-Earth ship. If I had to venture a guess, I'd guess closer to something like 80% of people use IBLs heavily. Not all of us want to use the most powerful option. I also steer away from M7Ms due to seeing them as a crutch that makes things too easy.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”