[X3R] Goner

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

thelebk
x3ap

[X3R] Goner

Post by thelebk » Mon, 2. Sep 13, 10:14

I would like to work on raising my goner faction rating. I notice that they have a couple of stations in Elysium of Light so I thought maybe I could trade some faction improvement. They have an equipment dock there... but it never stocks anything I can buy other than salvage insurance. How do the mechanics of equipment docks work? How do they get filled with commodities? If I bought one myself how would it get filled? Thanks.

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Mon, 2. Sep 13, 11:40

NPC ED will buy/sell wares listed, and buy any weapon/shield that is not listed (those disappear after the trade).

Player ED will buy/sell any ware (but not software/ship upgrades) you tell them to, but in very small amounts.
Right on commander !

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Mon, 2. Sep 13, 15:37

You can occasionally find a mission on the BBS which lets you donate credits for rep with the station owners (so it has to be a Goner station in this case).

It's a fixed amount though, so it's okay for raising rep at low ranks but if you're aiming for max rank then it will take a lot of mouse clicks (and about 2 billion credits, iirc). Not that there's any particular reason to get max Goner rank, except because you just want to...

thelebk
x3ap

Post by thelebk » Mon, 2. Sep 13, 20:26

Ok I understand how the EQ dock sells now, thanks. I still do not get how it gets its stock to sell in the first place. The Goner's for instance have no factories which produce any of the stuff the EQ dock sells. Does the EQ dock actually produce those items themselves without resources over time? That seems highly unlikely. How does a player stock his own EQ dock or does it magically produces items over time too?

I do not want to max Goner rep but would like to get it up a few levels. Any suggestions appreciated! Will trading with them help the same way it does with other races?

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Mon, 2. Sep 13, 20:33

No, items do not spawn.
There are NPC traders in the game.
Just because it is a Goner dock does not mean only Goners trade with it.

As I said, the player choose what wares are sold in his EQ, either by delivering a sample of the ware or using the dockware manager (Bonus Pack).

Yes trading works. It is just very very slow.
Right on commander !

thelebk
x3ap

Post by thelebk » Mon, 2. Sep 13, 20:38

Thanks Big G your posts are always so timely and helpful!

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Mon, 2. Sep 13, 22:06

In my main game in Reunion,I had my PHQ and two support complexes in EofL.
Any surplus of weapons ,shields etc., were sold to the Goners.

I do not remember how high my repwent,but I know I was happy with it..

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Mon, 2. Sep 13, 22:39

You can set up a CLS ship to buy something from the dock and then sell it right back to the dock. Drop in one of the designated item and the ship will continuously trade it back and forth at no net cost since the buy and sell price is the same.

This is called a 'reputation pump'. It's an exploit and often considered cheating, because frankly in my opinion it is cheating...but to each their own morality. Some people will say you cheated if you do it at the trading station in Argon Prime with a cahoona but then set up reputation pumps with sunrise flowers at pirate bases :? ...but to each their own morality.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

elektrohawk
x4

Post by elektrohawk » Mon, 2. Sep 13, 23:52

Timsup2nothin wrote:You can set up a CLS ship to buy something from the dock and then sell it right back to the dock. Drop in one of the designated item and the ship will continuously trade it back and forth at no net cost since the buy and sell price is the same.

This is called a 'reputation pump'. It's an exploit and often considered cheating, because frankly in my opinion it is cheating...but to each their own morality. Some people will say you cheated if you do it at the trading station in Argon Prime with a cahoona but then set up reputation pumps with sunrise flowers at pirate bases :? ...but to each their own morality.
It's not an exploit or cheat 'because in your opinion it's cheating'. That's not a valid reason for something to be a fact. It's an exploit because you are manipulating game mechanics in an unintended fashion to achieve a result that should not be attainable with a 0 net cost effort. As for people who say doing something one place is an exploit, and doing something elsewhere isn't an exploit? Don't pay them any attention. The term for that is hippocritical. They don't follow a standard pattern of logic.

As for raising rep with the Goners in fashions that isn't circumnavigating intended avenues, you have a few options that have and haven't been mentioned:

1) Kill Xenon/Pirates/Kha'ak in Goner space. Rerouting your Xenon hub to filter xenon or pirates through the harmony/elysium gate should help with this.

2) Follow BBS for 'donations' broadcasts

3) Sell your extra junk to Goner stations, and buy up whatever stock they have

4) Run missions for the Goner stations when/if offered.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Tue, 3. Sep 13, 00:03

An exploit is always an exploit, but whether using that exploit is cheating, that's a subject for opinions...I gave mine...and I agree that the other is hypocritical...but as I said, morality is not mine to claim knowledge of, and a game isn't what I consider a moral proving ground anyway. So for those whose opinions vary don't expect my approval, but you surely don't need it.

Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Tue, 3. Sep 13, 00:03

elektrohawk wrote:1) Kill Xenon/Pirates/Kha'ak in Goner space. Rerouting your Xenon hub to filter xenon or pirates through the harmony/elysium gate should help with this.
Goners have no enemies.
The hub does not exist in X3R.
Right on commander !

thelebk
x3ap

Post by thelebk » Tue, 3. Sep 13, 02:04

Interesting stuff all the way around, including the exploit, but I will not use exploits except when I am countering a code bug. Thanks.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Tue, 3. Sep 13, 03:21

thelebk wrote:Interesting stuff all the way around, including the exploit, but I will not use exploits except when I am countering a code bug. Thanks.
:thumb_up:

Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Threesixtyci
x4

Post by Threesixtyci » Tue, 3. Sep 13, 04:35

In any Equipment Dock, Trading station, or Corp Station, all you have to do is have something that they sell... then sell it to them and buy it back and sell it to them... infinity. Even easier if they have something in stock, then you don't have to go searching for items that they stock. (you need to have something that they stock, though.... or it will just disappear from the universe as soon as you sell it to them.)

Same thing works with all fractions.... It's an unsatisfying way of improving rank though.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Tue, 3. Sep 13, 04:40

Threesixtyci wrote:In any Equipment Dock, Trading station, or Corp Station, all you have to do is have something that they sell... then sell it to them and buy it back and sell it to them... infinity. (Even easier if they have something in stock, then you don't have to go searching for items that they stock.)

Same thing works with all fractions.... It's an unsatisfying way of improving rank though.
You're about six posts late...the 'reputation pump exploit' has already been dispatched.

Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”