Best buy problems X3 Reunion

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Bob156

Best buy problems X3 Reunion

Post by Bob156 » Tue, 3. Sep 13, 15:51

I have bought a trading ship upgraded it with mk II software and trading extension, have a station which it is home-based to, and am within its jump limit.

My command to best-buy ore is accepted by the computer, and shows as the trader's activity, yet the ship does nothing. What am I doing wrong? cheers x

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Tue, 3. Sep 13, 17:41

Are you sure there is a station selling ore at below the price you've specified within the specified number of jumps?

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Tue, 3. Sep 13, 18:04

Also the station account need money for purchases.
Right on commander !

elektrohawk
x4

Post by elektrohawk » Tue, 3. Sep 13, 20:41

In line with Geek and Pjknibb's replies:

Open up the station management for the station that your trading ship is based to. Check the ware listing that he is trying to buy for the station;
is the price low enough that there is a number of jumps listed to a seller, and is that number of jumps lower than the number of jumps you have the station configured to allow its traders to travel? The distance your trader can travel to buy the wares is configured by the station, not the pilot. You may have to raise the price you are paying.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Tue, 3. Sep 13, 22:16

elektrohawk wrote: is the price low enough that there is a number of jumps listed to a seller
I'm not sure if that feature existed in X3R or if it was added in X3TC...been a long time since I played it!

elektrohawk
x4

Post by elektrohawk » Tue, 3. Sep 13, 22:24

pjknibbs wrote:
elektrohawk wrote: is the price low enough that there is a number of jumps listed to a seller
I'm not sure if that feature existed in X3R or if it was added in X3TC...been a long time since I played it!
Come to think of it, I can't remember definitely either, and I have X3R uninstalled atm, mainly beating my head against X3:AP and the mess I've gotten myself into haha.

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Tue, 3. Sep 13, 22:32

I checked in X3R to be sure but this feature is probably even older.
Right on commander !

Threesixtyci
x4

Post by Threesixtyci » Wed, 4. Sep 13, 18:26

It's been way too long since I've not used CAG's (Commercial Agents) to manage factories. I suggest installing the Bonus Pack, and setting the trader up as a CAG, instead of the vanilla use of 2 ships per factory method.

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=191863

Can even get it directly from Steam, if you are using Steam.... and not have to bother installing it manually.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/23592 ... 1_7_15__13

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”