[X3:AP] CLS MK1/MK2 Non argon station?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

elektrohawk
x4

[X3:AP] CLS MK1/MK2 Non argon station?

Post by elektrohawk » Wed, 4. Sep 13, 00:40

Does anyone know if CLS software from the bonus pack is sold at any NON argon stations, for those of us at war with the Argon? Thanks!

Manks
x3tc

Post by Manks » Wed, 4. Sep 13, 00:49

Paranid Communications Facility in Priest's Pity.

elektrohawk
x4

Post by elektrohawk » Wed, 4. Sep 13, 01:40

Thankyou. I can't help but feel this should be added to the documentation for the bonus pack and/or included in people's CLS guides (where to buy the software)

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Wed, 4. Sep 13, 02:14

That seems reasonable enough. Though I don't think my guide actually addresses where to buy the software at all, and I'm not sure whether I actually knew you could buy it from the Paranids when I wrote the guide. I actually checked to be sure today, because it was sort of a vague 'out there' thing in my head that I didn't want to pass on without checking.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

elektrohawk
x4

Post by elektrohawk » Wed, 4. Sep 13, 04:13

I found it a little strange, I must admit, reading through an 'idiots guide to CLS', which neglected to include where to actually purchase the software at all, let alone outside of argon space. Seemed funny to me that someone would make a mod, that excluded you if you were at war with the argon. Luckily the paranid love me ;)

Kinda reminds me of the time I asked my father to record something on the VCR, gave him -detailed- instructions, and apparently omitted the 'turn vcr on' step. Show didn't get taped. Lesson learned.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Wed, 4. Sep 13, 04:22

elektrohawk wrote:I found it a little strange, I must admit, reading through an 'idiots guide to CLS', which neglected to include where to actually purchase the software at all, let alone outside of argon space. Seemed funny to me that someone would make a mod, that excluded you if you were at war with the argon. Luckily the paranid love me ;)

Kinda reminds me of the time I asked my father to record something on the VCR, gave him -detailed- instructions, and apparently omitted the 'turn vcr on' step. Show didn't get taped. Lesson learned.
Us father's are like that.

:lol:
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Manks
x3tc

Post by Manks » Wed, 4. Sep 13, 08:44

I found as much out in a Tips for Terrans thread, that is a little dated now but still has some good info. As of AP 3.0, for planning your wars while still getting your wares:
  • Best buy/sell
    • Argon: Terracorp HQ, Jonferco research station
      Teladi: EQ docks, NMMC HQ
    Bioscanner
    • Argon: Terracorp HQ, Jonferco HQ, Beryll
      Terran: various orbital defense stations
    Cargo Life Support
    • Boron: Getsu Fune trading station, research station (Great Trench)
      Pirates: pirate bases, anarchy ports, Duke's Haven
      Split: Strong Arms HQ
      Teladi: various trading stations
      Terran: military bases (Mercury, The Moon, TUS 4), unknown Aldrin bases
    Commodity Logistics Software
    • Argon: EQ docks, corp HQs, research stations, Herron's Nebula trading station
      Paranid: Paranid communications facility (Priests Pity)
    Docking Computer
    • Argon: OTAS HQ, Beryll
      Boron: Atreus HQ
      Paranid: EQ docks
      Pirate: Duke's Haven
      Terran: military bases/unknown Aldrin bases
    Explorer Software
    • Argon: Jonferco research station
      Teladi: EQ docks, NMMC HQ
    Jumpdrive
    • Argon: Terracorp HQ, Jonferco research station, OTAS HQ
      Boron: Atreus HQ
      Goner: temple
      Terran: various orbital defense stations
    Salvage Insurance
    • Argon: various trading stations, Terracorp HQ, OTAS HQ
      Terran: military bases/unknown Aldrin bases, all orbital defense stations
    Trade Command MKIII
    • Argon: Terracorp HQ
      Teladi: various EQ docks
    Transporter Device
    • Argon: various trading stations, Terracorp HQ, Jonferco HQ
      Terran: miltary bases, various orbital defense stations, Darkspace installation
    Video Enhancement Goggles
    • Boron: EQ Docks, research station
      Pirate: anarchy ports
      Teladi: EQ Docks
      Terran: military bases
I think that's correct, but I might have missed something. "Various" means that there is a random component. I've read that they get added over time, or more specifically they have a chance of being added everytime you load a save. Some are also hard-coded, as stations like the President's End trading station always has a transporter device.

Furthermore, most stuff you can nab from bails and caps. CLS, not so much. And is perhaps an under-appreciated fact, but CAGs just need Trade Command MK I and II, so you can use those while trying to exterminate the entire Commonwealth.

elektrohawk
x4

Post by elektrohawk » Wed, 4. Sep 13, 09:41

Manks. Way to be the champ. Scanned about 15 orbital defence stations and finally found one that sold bioscanners.
Spoiler
Show
Saturn
Thankyou so much. Rest of the info is pretty helpful, but this is the only thing so far I was completely striking out on.

Edit: Wagghh. You've no idea how many jumpdrives I've jumped to terran space via buying a mako in queens retribution, jumping to queens harbour, buying a JD, energy cells, jumping to the moon, then taking off the JD and selling the mako haha... and just found a jumpdrive in that system too.

Manks
x3tc

Post by Manks » Wed, 4. Sep 13, 20:15

The random factor can be quite the pain. Last Terran game I had JDs across the blockade, this one I have to run them over from Saturn. In every game so far I think they've been in Althes, which is nice since I like to set up shop in Aldrin 2. Glad it is working out for you though.

elektrohawk
x4

Post by elektrohawk » Wed, 4. Sep 13, 21:35

I've actually been running all my jumpdrives over from Queens Harbour haha. Just realized there are a few jumpdrive sellers in terran space, kinda gave up looking after a quick google search. Buy mako in Queens retribution, fly to queens harbor, slap on a JD, some energy cells, and jump to Megir or the Moon.

The bioscanner thing though is the real saviour

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”