How can I tell if I have Albion Prelude - Resolved by Steam

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

slate0
x3ap

How can I tell if I have Albion Prelude - Resolved by Steam

Post by slate0 » Wed, 4. Sep 13, 05:53

Hi I'm really new to X, just diving in. I purchased the gold box from Amazon like at this link: http://www.amazon.com/X3-Gold-Online-Ga ... asin_block

I entered my code into steam, but it looks like I have only X3: Terran Conflict in my steam library. The purchase page lists:
X3: Reunion
X3: Terran Conflict
X3: Albion Prelude

Before I complain to Amazon, can you help me be sure that these products are not already installed and integrated into the game?

Thank you!

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 4. Sep 13, 11:36

Reading that cover image you linked, it says it includes X3TC 2.0 (Aldrin Missions) and nothing about X3AP at all. So the bundle description and picture do not actually tie up. However, X3AP is an expansion to X3TC and needs its files to be physically present before it can install the new exe and the 'addon' folder. Try looking again for X3AP (and maybe X3R) after Steam X3TC is up and running.

Steam does not usually honour free activation of DVD X games registrations other than X3TC (and X3AP if you have the SuperBox not normally the Gold edition box) and so I do not know how that bit is supposed to work in transferring responsibility from Amazon to Steam unless it is just literally the sale of a registration key code and your purchase bundle does indeed say online registration key. You might have to discuss this with the Amazon support team.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

slate0
x3ap

Post by slate0 » Wed, 4. Sep 13, 13:26

Thank you very much! Amazon would have provided me with a key / several keys in order to register them on steam. They gave me one key so I figured the 1 key would set me up with the entire package but it didn't. So if Albion Prelude was installed would it show up as a separate entry in my library?
Thanks!

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 4. Sep 13, 13:29

Yes, it would.

slate0
x3ap

Post by slate0 » Wed, 4. Sep 13, 13:34

Thanks very much! I will talk to Amazon about the difference. They are usually very good about this kind of thing, I am sure it was a mistake.

slate0
x3ap

Post by slate0 » Sat, 7. Sep 13, 19:32

Amazon sent me to steam and steam fixed me up post haste.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”