Aldrin CLS on standby

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ClashPDG
x3tc

Aldrin CLS on standby

Post by ClashPDG » Fri, 6. Sep 13, 06:49

Hi again, more CLS issues :( (I never know what needs to go into spoiler tags so please edit this and add them if it's appropriate)

I have a CLS who sits on standby seemingly permanently. His job is to go to 4 specific waypoints and buy all the EEMPC's he can at the maximum price. His funds come from the global account and I have over 40 million credits. His freight is virtually empty.

Why does he sit on standby? What is he waiting for? Do I need to tell him to only buy 2 because that's the most the stations hold?

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Fri, 6. Sep 13, 06:53

Are the stations actually producing the products , or are they short on resources ?

Standby usually means waitng for a trade opportunity, but I have little experience with CLS.

ClashPDG
x3tc

Post by ClashPDG » Fri, 6. Sep 13, 07:13

I checked, all but 1 of the 4 stations have wares just waiting for my CLS to waddle over and buy them.

RiverRat2800

Post by RiverRat2800 » Fri, 6. Sep 13, 08:03

Under the default CLS settings your ship will only fly to a station if it can pick up 5% of the specified cargo load. So if you used "maximum cargo space" as the buy amount then it will not fly to the station for a single unit. Set the buy amount for the maximum that the station holds and it should work fine.

ClashPDG
x3tc

Post by ClashPDG » Fri, 6. Sep 13, 08:09

That's a good idea and it makes perfect sense. I set the CLS to buy "up to 2" at all stations. However, the CLS ship continues to sit there on standby... mocking me...

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Fri, 6. Sep 13, 08:26

That percentage is actually a reference to the cargo capacity of the ship, so changing the waypoint made no difference. Change the percentage to zero.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

ClashPDG
x3tc

Post by ClashPDG » Fri, 6. Sep 13, 08:56

I actually had tried that too. However, I just changed it from "buy up to" to "buy" and now he's moving. I guess "up to" refers to his total inventory, not just that particular transaction

CLS is complicated man :(

MrPopo
x3tc

Post by MrPopo » Fri, 6. Sep 13, 20:29

ClashPDG wrote:I actually had tried that too. However, I just changed it from "buy up to" to "buy" and now he's moving. I guess "up to" refers to his total inventory, not just that particular transaction
That's correct; "up to" is total inventory on hand, so you could set up a CLS to outfit your shiny new M2 with PPCs but only buy enough to outfit it, not an excess.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”