HQ in Asteriod Belt?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Flybye
x3tc

HQ in Asteriod Belt?

Post by Flybye » Sun, 8. Sep 13, 00:10

Just how dangerous is the Asteroid Belt? I know Argon fleets are continuously moving through it, but would the bother going out like 30-50km to come attack my HQ and possible complex?

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sun, 8. Sep 13, 00:30

If that is AP and a war zone,then do not risk it..

If TC, I might be tempted,but there are better places,especially when linked via the Hub.

Flybye
x3tc

Post by Flybye » Sun, 8. Sep 13, 00:33

Yeah it's AP.

I thought about a more central location, but building in the asteroid belt I could built the fleet and immediately deploy against the Argon.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sun, 8. Sep 13, 00:49

Can't remember if it is a warzone.
if it is,then as soon as you are OOS,your property will become liable to attack by whoever has least favour towards you.
That is points system, not just race rank.

Flybye
x3tc

Post by Flybye » Sun, 8. Sep 13, 00:56

Oh its definitely a war zone, and the argon REALLY hate me right now lol.

I guess I'll try it out and make sure I keep my saved games before I deployed HQ to feel it out.

Tohron
x3tc

Post by Tohron » Sun, 8. Sep 13, 03:09

As soon as you leave a warzone sector, the faction that least likes you immediately spawns hostile ships if you have anything left in the sector and sends them to attack your assets. At minimum, they send an M6 and fighters, which beeline for whatever you have. I think they might also spawn M2s to attack any large assets of yours like capitals or stations.

So in short, unless you intend to be permanently hostile to the Argon (due to having to continually destroy the ships they spawn with OoS defense forces), it would be better to put your PHQ somewhere else.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Sun, 8. Sep 13, 03:14

Tohron wrote: So in short, unless you intend to be permanently hostile to the Argon (due to having to continually destroy the ships they spawn with OoS defense forces), it would be better to put your PHQ somewhere else.
As a big fan of permanent hostility I say go for it!
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Sun, 8. Sep 13, 03:18

Your next question is going to be "Can I get another HQ" and the answer will be "No."

Flybye
x3tc

Post by Flybye » Sun, 8. Sep 13, 06:46

LOL you guys were not kidding.

I flew an Orca in there and a Titan suddenly spawned behind it. I ran the Orca around way behind the gate, and the Titan just kept following me. Persistent little fellow.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Sun, 8. Sep 13, 07:16

Titan vs Orca...now there's a match that you don't see as the main event on the fight card. I'm guessing that would be a warmup bout, and probably over before most of the crowd even found their way to their seats.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”