Those Wacky Yaki

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Leded

Those Wacky Yaki

Post by Leded » Sun, 8. Sep 13, 07:21

i've wanted to make this post for a while now, but there have been some patches since i have seen this, but i wanted to tell it anyways :D

i was able to get in pretty good with the Yaki faction where i was able to do missions for them, specifically station building missions. a guy would tell me i want "this" built "here", right?

ok so i go get the kit drop it where they want it... but for whatever reason any Yaki ships in the area start to blow it to hell. unless its different now in 3.0 i always thought it would have been cool to help them build out their power base like that, but apparently they don't like anything new lol.

anyone else try this before?

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Sun, 8. Sep 13, 07:57

That seems strange. I've built a lot of stuff in Yaki space, some requested and some of my own, and never seen them take to blasting it. And I've been through quite a few patch versions.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Sun, 8. Sep 13, 09:32

It's possible that the individual who gave you the mission was not a Yaki, just happened to live aboard one of their stations. Same way you get pirates living at stations belonging to one of the main races or non-pirates living on pirate bases, all of whom can offer missions. If that was the case then the station you built wasn't designated as a Yaki station but instead probably belonged to one of the main races, hence the Yaki's sudden interest in using it for target practice. It is possible to get build missions from the Yaki & in those cases they will leave the stations alone.

AgamemnonArgon
x3tc

Post by AgamemnonArgon » Sun, 8. Sep 13, 12:02

No problems in Yaki space for me either.
Trade them a week old newspaper, and the Yaki will sell you Most things.
Very pleasant characters.
Argon Patriot and Battlemaster
Peace - Through Superior Firepower

StJude
x3ap

Post by StJude » Mon, 9. Sep 13, 11:26

Also seen this happen. It's definitely a request from a main race that just happens to be on a yaki station.

The best part about building stations for the yaki is then being able to supply them yourself exclusively. They kill just about anyone else that sets foot in their sectors, so you have an effective stranglehold on resource supply.
Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate

Mousse9
x3tc

Post by Mousse9 » Mon, 9. Sep 13, 11:53

Despite the fact that the Yaki have NO freighters and do not engage in trade, curiously enough I have seen their Spacefuel Distilleries full of Energy Cells and even Wheat sometimes.

Maybe they're friendly with some Pirate traders? Do these even exist? Maybe Duke's?

IanFitzJo
x3tc

Post by IanFitzJo » Thu, 12. Sep 13, 02:43

I also got seriously shot at while satisfying Yaki requests for factories (BoFu Chem Lab and Plankton Farm), as soon as I jumped out the shooters left the factories alone. There were blue Yaki's there too that left me alone. Talk about dysfunctional relationship!! :)

thelastslaith

Post by thelastslaith » Thu, 12. Sep 13, 13:16

Ive had this too where the worst is building in O's storm because I sometimes the Yaki decide to destroy a fab because its well anyones so fair enough but also I get a random paranid m2 with a large swarm of fighters come into system so I think that may have killed a few yaki stations. Just as long as they don't kill the hornet missile fab which produces me cheap missiles at 9500 and is fueled by my goods which I have not calculated it but its possible that I am getting these and some other goods at a net cost of -x and doing the same with a few other resources (the others just are not as fun though).
TLS

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”