AP Why does TS+ keep going where they shouldnt?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Flybye
x3tc

AP Why does TS+ keep going where they shouldnt?

Post by Flybye » Sun, 8. Sep 13, 19:52

I have 8 Hayabusa's right now all set to Terran as Foe. Why do they continue to fly into asteroid belt to try to fly to the Jupiter sectors?

dougeye
x3tc

Post by dougeye » Sun, 8. Sep 13, 19:55

If they are mk3 traders they are probably trying to find upgrades.
I used to list PC parts here, but "the best" will suffice!

Flybye
x3tc

Post by Flybye » Sun, 8. Sep 13, 21:12

Yeah they are u-traders in levels 20-25.

Guess I'll keep an eye on them to see what it is they are trying to upgrade.

firestorm79
x4

Post by firestorm79 » Mon, 9. Sep 13, 19:43

dougeye wrote:If they are mk3 traders they are probably trying to find upgrades.
What? What do you mean trying to find upgrades! ?

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Mon, 9. Sep 13, 20:17

If a ST or UT doesn't have enough drones (14), full shields (3-4 25 MJ), weapons in its rear turret, mosquito missiles, and jump drive with energy, it will deviate from its trading area to go buy these things, taking the straightest path (or jumping to the closest gate to) the nearest Military Outpost or Drone Factory that has these things.

Terran sectors have a big issue with their accelerator gates not being jumpgates. The trading scripts should recognize jump beacons as valid destinations but often they don't, which means the Asteroid Belt jumpgate is the "nearest" jumpgate to anywhere in the Terran area. Meaning they jump to Asteroid belt to go from Pluto to Saturn.

Setting Terrans red isn't the way to block the UTs from flying there. Use the blacklist feature. Open the command console of any UT ship, then click on one of the empty command slots normally reserved for Missile Defense Mosquito, and choose the Manage Blacklist command instead.

firestorm79
x4

Post by firestorm79 » Mon, 9. Sep 13, 21:57

ajax34i wrote:If a ST or UT doesn't have enough drones (14), full shields (3-4 25 MJ), weapons in its rear turret, mosquito missiles, and jump drive with energy, it will deviate from its trading area to go buy these things, taking the straightest path (or jumping to the closest gate to) the nearest Military Outpost or Drone Factory that has these things.

Terran sectors have a big issue with their accelerator gates not being jumpgates. The trading scripts should recognize jump beacons as valid destinations but often they don't, which means the Asteroid Belt jumpgate is the "nearest" jumpgate to anywhere in the Terran area. Meaning they jump to Asteroid belt to go from Pluto to Saturn.

Setting Terrans red isn't the way to block the UTs from flying there. Use the blacklist feature. Open the command console of any UT ship, then click on one of the empty command slots normally reserved for Missile Defense Mosquito, and choose the Manage Blacklist command instead.
Wow, they upgrade themselves?? Anyway, asteroid belt has become a UT graveyard for me. I'm sure I blacklisted all the war sectors, but they still creep in there...

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Tue, 10. Sep 13, 00:27

firestorm79 wrote:Wow, they upgrade themselves?? Anyway, asteroid belt has become a UT graveyard for me. I'm sure I blacklisted all the war sectors, but they still creep in there...
You never noticed that your UTs have fighter drones? And that even after they deployd them during an attack, they still have fighter drones?

They'll even upgrade theyr cargo hold to the max, in small steps. Usually they start on it while lvl 1 Sector trader. Each time they go on standby in a trading outpost, they buy a few cargo extentions

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”