Factory freighter

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Maxdamaged

Factory freighter

Post by Maxdamaged » Mon, 9. Sep 13, 07:10

Hello all, I have a complex setup and the e-cells I need are far away and it keeps taking so long for the freighter to get there and back it allows the complex to shut down. It is 5 space fuel and 5 wheat. I have 10 freighters assigned. 1 foe wheat and 9 for energy.

Is it possible to equip 2 of them with jump drives and would they use it to just fuel the factory or does that only would for st/ut traders?

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Mon, 9. Sep 13, 08:47

Yes.
Be sure to make sure you use the jump drive settings to ensure they have enough fuel to make the trip both ways.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Mon, 9. Sep 13, 11:16

Yes, if you configure them - see the FAQ. (And assuming you're playing X3TC/AP - it's best to tag your threads so people know.)

Alternatively, use Commercial Agents from the Bonus Pack (see the sticky) - they can trade in more than 1 ware once they're trained, so you'll need less ships.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Mon, 9. Sep 13, 14:02

I think they also need to get to a higher trade rank to use jump drives. Logistician for CLS maybe?

Mousse9
x3tc

Post by Mousse9 » Mon, 9. Sep 13, 14:08

At Rank "Cargo Messenger" your CLS can use the Jumpdrive.

At Rank "Trader" your CAG can use the Jumpdrive.

Maxdamaged

Post by Maxdamaged » Mon, 9. Sep 13, 14:11

Ok I'm glad to hear that. Going to try that tonight! Thanks

pref
x4

Post by pref » Mon, 9. Sep 13, 14:45

Mousse9 wrote:At Rank "Cargo Messenger" your CLS can use the Jumpdrive.

At Rank "Trader" your CAG can use the Jumpdrive.
Yeah thanks!!!
Logistician is top rank for CLS... seems ill have a shorter CLS training course for my CAGs from now on :)
Just started to wonder not long ago why they are so quick to reach Major Dealer after reassignment ...

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Tue, 10. Sep 13, 00:33

If you simply use the 'buy at best price' option in Trade command software Mk2, they will use jump drive right away.

IF you remember to set theyr jump drive options in the command menu (auto jump = yes, and the amount of jump fuel they carry).

For CLS or CAG, they first need to level up. Once they did, you can set the options I mentioned in the CAG/CLS menu itself.

Once you have a freighter using jump drive, you can probably ditch the other 8, or even 9. The time it saves between runs is really an extreme amount

An example: I have an Ore mine running with a yield of 90. Basicly this means that it fills up REALLY fast.
My CAG has a jumprange of 20. This means that he'll almost always find a factory buying ore at max price.
Because of the jumpdrive, there is no difference in the time it takes for him to fly to the sector next door, or the one on the other side of the universe. A single freighter is able to keep an extremely high yield Mine running, while you need 12 for the same job

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”