X3TC Marine deaths and reporting

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Silverbox
x3tc

X3TC Marine deaths and reporting

Post by Silverbox » Fri, 13. Sep 13, 16:28

I have just trained up a number of marines and got myself a Cobra to do some boarding (done a few M6 spacewalk boardings too!) Some are not particularly high fight rank but am trying to get that stat up on them.
I now fire 20 marines at a ship and sit and watch while they board and fight.
I often lose some (4 on the last board attempt on a M7) but have no idea which of my marines died.
Is there anyway to find out the stats and star ratings of the marines you have lost during a boarding attempt? Other than writing them all down. Is there a marine report log written somewhere or anything?

Baratheon79
x3tc

Post by Baratheon79 » Fri, 13. Sep 13, 18:10

From the property screen, you can view your marines - those involved in a boarding op are shown at the top. From that you can watch their progress, and see which ones die (or not) during the op. That screen also shows their stats.

I didn't really start using that screen to keep tabs on them until I started playing AP, but I do remember seeing that screen in TC.

Silverbox
x3tc

Post by Silverbox » Fri, 13. Sep 13, 20:58

Thanks for the reply Baratheon79 but I was already aware of that screen and watch it intently when boarding! It is very hard to keep tabs on which marines have disappeared from the list when there is 20 marines on a boarding op. Was just interested if there was a log kept of which marines died and their associated stats? Guess I'll have to make a written note of them all and if one of my top marines ends up dying, reload! I've checked out the mod forum but can't see anything like it.

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Fri, 13. Sep 13, 22:14

unfortunately what you seek is not there all you get is an over view after the mission' if its any consolation your highest fighting rank marines tend to survive.

Masochisto
x3tc

Post by Masochisto » Fri, 13. Sep 13, 22:26

Rather than write them all down, you can take a screenshot of your marines screen before the launch and then after. I don't know of a better way...

AgamemnonArgon
x3tc

Post by AgamemnonArgon » Fri, 13. Sep 13, 23:16

I think that Marines are so unimportant I have usually spaced some of them.

I consider missiles more important to use for space.
Argon Patriot and Battlemaster
Peace - Through Superior Firepower

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Sat, 14. Sep 13, 00:09

Silverbox wrote:Thanks for the reply Baratheon79 but I was already aware of that screen and watch it intently when boarding! It is very hard to keep tabs on which marines have disappeared from the list when there is 20 marines on a boarding op. Was just interested if there was a log kept of which marines died and their associated stats? Guess I'll have to make a written note of them all and if one of my top marines ends up dying, reload! I've checked out the mod forum but can't see anything like it.
Take a screenshot of that screen before and after the boarding op. Easier and faster than writing it all down. :)
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”