[X3TC] CLS & Unloading Mammoth Supply Vessel

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Crustyfur
x3tc

[X3TC] CLS & Unloading Mammoth Supply Vessel

Post by Crustyfur » Fri, 13. Sep 13, 17:25

I am quite hands on and when I set up a new complex I like to ferry in e-cells etc until the CLS are trained up and ready to look after their own work.

I am currently filling my Booze Complex up with E's but like to immerse myself a bit in the game, a little rpg if you will :) So I have my mammoth parked outside my SPP XL and I am manually ferrying E's from the SPP to the Mammoth. When its full I jump it to my Booze complex and then reverse the process. It may not be the quickest method but I like it.

Then I got thinking. Mammoth has hanger space right? Can I load up some M3's or something with CLS and get them to do this job for me? i.e. Fill (refuel) the mammoth at source. Then at destination set them off unloading to complex?

Just a thought...

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Fri, 13. Sep 13, 18:23

I Think so, that's probably why you have Hauler Class of Fighters? Like a Falcon Hauler, Barracuda Hauler etc.

Give it a try.
You can buy Freight Drones, but they're in short supply.

jjimlad
x3tc

Post by jjimlad » Fri, 13. Sep 13, 18:24

Indeed you can. Any combination of m5, m4, m3 or variants will do the trick and freight drones are also useful for the manual RPG type experience.

A lot of people have recommended Falcon Haulers for their XL cargo capability, and in combination with the CLS features they can tackle most ship to ship, ship to station & station to ship cargo duties manually or under full automation.

Edit: Ninja'd...must type faster

J.
There is no instance of a nation benefitting from prolonged warfare - Sun Tzu
He has obviously never played X !

Masochisto
x3tc

Post by Masochisto » Fri, 13. Sep 13, 18:28

You most certainly can do that.

just modify the way points of the M3's to load at your SPP and unload at your TL.

Then do the opposite when you jump to your Booze complex.

Crustyfur
x3tc

Post by Crustyfur » Fri, 13. Sep 13, 18:28

Aha!

Just figured it out I think. CLS2 Does the job, I just need to manually start up each of my works at either end. Bought a single Disco to test the commands and sure enough its doing loading runs from my SPP to the Mammoth, took it the other end and loaded up the Unload program and its doing its job.

Happy Days :)

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Fri, 13. Sep 13, 19:34

A highly efficient approach:

Instead of using fighters, use TS with transporter device. If you use two mammoths you can have one guy filling one at this end while another guy empties the other one at the other end.

Set the freighters to ignore ship waypoints if out of sector, then have the loader:

load from source
unload to mammoth 1
unload to mammoth 2

and the unloader

load from mammoth 1
load from mammoth 2
unload to destinantion

Since they will ignore the ship that is out of sector the freighter CLS never has to be reprogrammed when you switch the mammoths, they just use whichever one is in their sector.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Crustyfur
x3tc

Post by Crustyfur » Sat, 14. Sep 13, 00:33

Excellent I was just wondering if this was possible. I am looking at the External Commodity Logistics > Supply Conditions When you say ignore when ship is OOS are you referring to the command: Dock with ship when only in the sane sector (Yes/No) ? I assume set this to Yes?

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Sat, 14. Sep 13, 01:20

Crustyfur wrote:Excellent I was just wondering if this was possible. I am looking at the External Commodity Logistics > Supply Conditions When you say ignore when ship is OOS are you referring to the command: Dock with ship when only in the sane sector (Yes/No) ? I assume set this to Yes?
That's the one. I never remember how things are worded unfortunately, just the effects.

Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Sat, 14. Sep 13, 13:38

Timsup2nothin wrote:That's the one. I never remember how things are worded unfortunately, just the effects.
That's because they usually have terrible wording for quite simple effects :lol:
I swear most CLS/CAG issues are down to this..

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Sat, 14. Sep 13, 17:04

Infekted wrote:
Timsup2nothin wrote:That's the one. I never remember how things are worded unfortunately, just the effects.
That's because they usually have terrible wording for quite simple effects :lol:
I swear most CLS/CAG issues are down to this..
I'm sure in German it all makes perfect sense. :)

Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

AgamemnonArgon
x3tc

Post by AgamemnonArgon » Sat, 14. Sep 13, 18:24

It would also be possible to homebase a jumpdrive and transporter device equipped TS, to the TL, and order the TS to keep buying energy to supply the TL.

That way very little manual interaction would need to take place, freeing up valuable player time.
Argon Patriot and Battlemaster
Peace - Through Superior Firepower

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Sat, 14. Sep 13, 19:28

AgamemnonArgon wrote:It would also be possible to homebase a jumpdrive and transporter device equipped TS, to the TL, and order the TS to keep buying energy to supply the TL.

That way very little manual interaction would need to take place, freeing up valuable player time.
The original intent is to move cells from point A, player owned producing station, to point B, player owned consuming station, by using a Mammoth.

While your suggestion uses less player time than the occasional swapping of the Mammoths it begs the question; if the TS is buying cells to stock the Mammoth, and another TS is unloading the Mammoth into the destination station, why not just have the TS buying cells unload them directly into the station and save the second freighter, not to mention the Mammoth?

I would likely just use a CLS freighter with a jumpdrive myself, since it would never require any player time at all, but the question was about how to load and unload a Mammoth.

Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

AgamemnonArgon
x3tc

Post by AgamemnonArgon » Sun, 15. Sep 13, 21:08

Timsup2nothin wrote:
AgamemnonArgon wrote:It would also be possible to homebase a jumpdrive and transporter device equipped TS, to the TL, and order the TS to keep buying energy to supply the TL.

The original intent is to move cells from point A, player owned producing station, to point B, player owned consuming station, by using a Mammoth.

While your suggestion uses less player time than the occasional swapping of the Mammoths it begs the question; if the TS is buying cells to stock the Mammoth, and another TS is unloading the Mammoth into the destination station, why not just have the TS buying cells unload them directly into the station and save the second freighter, not to mention the Mammoth?

I would likely just use a CLS freighter with a jumpdrive myself, since it would never require any player time at all, but the question was about how to load and unload a Mammoth.
Yeah

But the simplest ways are not always the most fun in the game :)

Dominus
x4

Post by Dominus » Sun, 15. Sep 13, 21:57

CLS2 needs an upgrade that allow the pilot to use freight drones or something like that so we can load/unolad from stations or complexes.
Denantes mortos que escravos.
Sorry for Bad english. :)

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Sun, 15. Sep 13, 22:26

I'd use three mammoths, with one moving between the two of them. Actually I'd use two mammoth's and an elephant which can move exactly half or so of the mammoth's.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

AgamemnonArgon
x3tc

Post by AgamemnonArgon » Mon, 16. Sep 13, 08:56

Dominus wrote:CLS2 needs an upgrade that allow the pilot to use freight drones or something like that so we can load/unolad from stations or complexes.
An upgrade may not be something that would be forthcoming.
Personally I am waiting the the game that follows X Rebirth

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”