(X3 TC 3.2) Best Hub Gate Placements to Help Commonwealth Economy?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Fraggle Rock
x3tc

(X3 TC 3.2) Best Hub Gate Placements to Help Commonwealth Economy?

Post by Fraggle Rock » Sat, 14. Sep 13, 11:34

I've just started the Hub Plot, and I've been inspired by recent posts about working with and helping the Commonwealth economy rather than just building closed complexes and sucking traders away from the economy.

So I want to place the Hub gates in the best way to help the NPC traders in the Commonwealth, and to aid the economy and try to prevent GoD removing stations. Where would you place the Hub gates if you want to stimulate and help the Commonwealth economy?

PS. I'm not bothered about helping the Terrans, I just want to help the Commonwealth.

Mousse9
x3tc

Post by Mousse9 » Sat, 14. Sep 13, 12:36

I am NOT an expert on this one, but I think that connecting distant parts of the universe together would be most useful.

You are effectively making the universe smaller. This is one of the main reasons why Argon Prime - Home of Light, Montalaar - Avarice and Zyarth's Dominion - Unknown Sector are so popular. Far less travel time/Jumpdrive costs.

Personally I think the northeastern section of the map needs the most help. Omicron Lyrae - Ocean of Fantasy - Grand Exchange. that area. Simply because of the constant attacks by Xenon, ships never make it to their destination, important stations get destroyed, etc.

If you link the big western bloc to the eastern one, it might help because of increased traffic. On the other hand, it might become the new Xenon migration route, and then you're screwed.

For helping the Commonwealth economy, I think Local Traders and Universe Traders are much more useful. Some key stations like SPP's or Ore Mines (mainly for hightech fabs) would be good too.
For example, the area around Legend's Home, there is only 1 Ore Mine M in Montalaar, but a LOT of weapons factories that need Ore. There are 2 Ore Mines in Nopileos' Memorial, but that's a Pirate sector, dangerous.
If you put down an Ore Mine in Aladna Hill (it's got asteroids), and put the CAG's trade distance to 2, it can service all those weapons/shields fabs in the area. Akeela's Beacon has a big surplus of E-Cells, so there's no danger of running out.
Even better, blacklist the 2 pirate sectors and you're even safer.

Unless you're far into the game and have a lot of capital ships to block off the Xenon sectors, I don't really recommend building or doing anything near Xenon sectors. To me, it's a pain in the butt to stop doing whatever I'm doing and go fight Xenon.

Fraggle Rock
x3tc

Post by Fraggle Rock » Sat, 14. Sep 13, 14:54

Thank you Mousse9 for your reply.

So basically NPC traders don't use jumpdrives, so the best way to help them out is to make the Commonwealth "smaller".

I'll try those jumpgates and see how it impacts on my game's economy.

I'm also creating lots of UT's.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”