X3TC (V.3.2): Boarding race TL ...

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Czorneboh
x3

X3TC (V.3.2): Boarding race TL ...

Post by Czorneboh » Wed, 18. Sep 13, 20:48

Hi, guys, boarding noob here requesting assistance...

I spent a lot of time reading up on this topic here in the forum and thought i had a pretty good theoretical understanding of the process. But i fail miserably trying to board my first TL.

After spacewalking a couple of pirate/yaki M6s and getting a few marines trained, i finally thought i should be able to go for the bigger fish.

I chose the Split TL in ZD as target.
My setup:
M3 Xperimental: Shield suppression, mission command
M7M Kraken: pod deployment
Marine team: 5 with 3-4* Fighting, 3-4* total

The TL has 5*200MJ shielding and adv firewall.
Getting the pods to the hull works about 7 out of ten times, which is to be expected.
But:
I loose the first marines immediately after hull breach. None make it past deck 3.

Alternatively i tried:
Spacewalking with a Dragon: last marine dies on deck 3
Spacewalking with a TP and 10 marines: last marine dies on deck 3
Ion'ing everything of the ship, pod/ spacewalk: last marine dies on deck 3
Buying 5 additional marines to bolster sheer numbers (2* fighting, 1-2* total) due to the rest of my marines still being trained at some outpost: last marine dies on deck 3 and at least 3 of them never make it to the hull but go stargazing instead. (This i can't understand at all: 2 pods are fired from the Kraken, 6-7 guys reach the hull, but 3 or 4 drift about 2 km behind the target and don't even bother to catch up.)

I've spent two nights on this and it took what felt like a 100 tries. I never even got to the core once.
So: What am i doing wrong? What can i try next?
Please advise.

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Wed, 18. Sep 13, 21:15

Never mind the quality, feel the width. An old Earth saying there. You need more numbers with a TL. Try using 21 marines instead of 5 - 10. More usually works.
Still life in the old dog yet...

Rive
x3tc

Post by Rive » Wed, 18. Sep 13, 21:44

For a TL you will need at least ten experienced marines (or more less experienced).
Less won't do.
That's all.

Ps.: about pods - as I recall an M7M can fire a barrage of pods. Try it that way. (But first, more marines.)

Czorneboh
x3

Post by Czorneboh » Wed, 18. Sep 13, 22:02

Well ...
that was fast.
Thank you all!

Will try more marines and try my luck in numbers. Since i have only five "core" marines out of training at the moment and all other assets for the operation in position i will simply buy some cannon fodder with 2* fighting and as much engineering as possible. Hopefully they throw themselves between any enemy fire and my my trained marines.
I woul really hate to wait for the rest of my team to catch up with their training...

Despite having read *a lot* on boarding neither spacewalking nor "podding" is anything like i expected! :roll:

bandarlog

Post by bandarlog » Wed, 18. Sep 13, 22:09

Mr. Czorneboh, welcome to the Xverse's militarized version of Mile High Club!
If you want to deal with every blonde stewardess aboard that TL, like a GENTLEMAN, you'll need the incredible magnificient:
additional commands-->launch all marines

For marine numbers, mechanics skill and other sciency whacky math-head stuff try the wiki.
http://www.x3wiki.com/index.php/Marines

Also, Teladi ships must be destroyed. They cannot be boarded.
God hates the Teladi.
Dont buy their ships. Dont trade with them. Dont speak to them.

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Thu, 19. Sep 13, 08:58

Banderlog;

Are you being "Snakist"

bandarlog

Post by bandarlog » Thu, 19. Sep 13, 11:06

shaun bergin wrote:Are you being "Snakist"
I dont know the meaning of snakism, so here are your options:

a., I'm not mysogynistic...but I have real problems if I pay and she doesn't do her job correctly...

b., I'm not homosexual, but I dont have problems with that...also flying in fallic ships all day is... really...

c., I'm not any kind of "-ist"...
I just simply dont like the skullduggery-scammery.
One time I bought remotely(trade extension) a kestrel from a Teladi shipyard.
There was a **** pigeon's nest on the backseat! I mean, come on...
I know that they want the most profit out of the most minimal work, but this?
Animal phaeces all over the windshield and carpet, carcasses and the smell...oh God...

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”