Albion Prelude 3.0 Shady Business in Strategy Mode+Action

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

SG4tw
x4

Albion Prelude 3.0 Shady Business in Strategy Mode+Action

Post by SG4tw » Thu, 19. Sep 13, 17:55

Hi

I have a dilemma, please help :lol:

So, My name is Bloodlance in games and to be honest i love this game series. The main problem is, i have had very little time to focus into mods and the core game lacks the things i love even more then the actual game, ... Strategy gaming, let me explain.

I am searching for a mod or mod collection that works in AP shady business that enables me to do the following.

1. Conquer sectors from AI Factions (permanently, even with lil incursions or big from the previous owners is ok).

2. Conquered sectors stay under my control as long as i can keep the ? main space station alive ? (is ok like that or something similiar).

3. Having as detailed faction statistics as possible, so i see who is hating me and how much etc.

4. Having as much good mods on the side as possible ? some rebalance mods or total redos and perhaps with mars ?

thats the core , what i would need , and all of that should work together.

It would be extra cool if the AIs war against each other also and conquer each others territories slowly.

And if there is some additives that i should mod more, the more mods the better if they give positive effects to the whole.

Thank you , if some kind soul can help me on this matter.

InFlamesForEver
x3tc

Post by InFlamesForEver » Thu, 19. Sep 13, 18:03

I believe the Improved Races mod does a lot of what you're after. http://forum.egosoft.de/viewtopic.php?t ... sc&start=0
In Flames We Trust
Listening to Whitechapel soothes the soul!! :D     ¹ ¤ ¹      But, the nuns are watching...
Samuel Creshal wrote:Keyboards: What separates the men from the boys.
XRM Trailer - XRM Installation Guide Video

SG4tw
x4

Post by SG4tw » Thu, 19. Sep 13, 18:16

Sweet , thx a lot

So, This is a 100% must have

1. [SCRIPT][AP/TC] Improved Races 2.0 v1.08 (6'th-June-12)

does it work with ?

X-Tended -Terran Conflict V2.2 Released. [06/09/2013] (X3:AP prototype available)

or

XRM ?

or

Mars ?

-

So basically as far as i understand it i have to choose XRM or X-Tended and i assume Mars works with both ?

SG4tw
x4

Post by SG4tw » Thu, 19. Sep 13, 18:23

Seems X-tended does not work with it,

then its XRM + Mars + Improved races , i wonder if that bundle works ?

:)

InFlamesForEver
x3tc

Post by InFlamesForEver » Thu, 19. Sep 13, 18:26

That bundle works as I have done it myself. However IR can add a lot of ships and XRM also adds a lot of ships to the universe so it can get quite crowded. Just a warning.

Also with mars, make sure you read carefully the compatibility notes in the XRM thread.
In Flames We Trust
Listening to Whitechapel soothes the soul!! :D     ¹ ¤ ¹      But, the nuns are watching...

SG4tw
x4

Post by SG4tw » Thu, 19. Sep 13, 18:32

Is there any mods that make the game lighter ?

like, removing stones (not asteroids but the small stones) etc

?

plus if i remember right did XRM or IR have some options to make it a bit less stressfull for the computer to handle ?

i have good CPU and GPU and a ton of memory and SSD drive, but if there is TONS of ships it could start a rolling dilemma where the both mods add more ships due the other adding , so after some hours even NASA has problems playing the game.

hmm

InFlamesForEver
x3tc

Post by InFlamesForEver » Thu, 19. Sep 13, 18:42

IR has options to limit numbers of ships, XRM doesn't however.

I have never tried to find mods for removing small asteroids but I don't doubt that there is one. I know that XRM is perfectly fine for my computer to handle even after a week of play time, as long as you don't have too many ships using trading scripts. I made that mistake and ended up screwing my game using about 100 ships using OK traders.
In Flames We Trust

SG4tw
x4

Post by SG4tw » Thu, 19. Sep 13, 18:50

Your XRM installation guide is pretty good. good job ;) +1

Okey, so everything looks good.

Any additive mods you could perhaps recommend ? something essential must haves ? =)

InFlamesForEver
x3tc

Post by InFlamesForEver » Thu, 19. Sep 13, 19:06

Well I would recommend STO but that's part of IR so I can't recommend that (I use it because I don't like the race relations thing in IR). I also like to use Complex Cleaner because it makes making complexes so much easier.

Ok Traders is another excellent addition although don't have too many ships running it because it is very resource hungry if there are a lot of ships using it. I'd say 30 max.

There are a bunch of other but I can't think of them off the top of my head, I'll come back when I'm at home and can check the stuff I have installed.
In Flames We Trust

SG4tw
x4

Post by SG4tw » Thu, 19. Sep 13, 19:12

Sweet thx,

i checked the video you made, i think the passanger to marine script is nice :D now there is actually reason to pick up some astronauts ;)

i wonder if it works with AP ? =)

InFlamesForEver
x3tc

Post by InFlamesForEver » Thu, 19. Sep 13, 19:16

Since I only play AP now, it does.
In Flames We Trust

SG4tw
x4

Post by SG4tw » Thu, 19. Sep 13, 19:20

ahh

so STO : [SCR][june 08][v. 2.5-] STO 1.57 - overtake sectors

would be actually better for me, as i dont care what AI i fight against so it would be less stressfull for the computer.

XRM + STO + Mars

Should work wonders then ?

=)

anything on the marines vs ships, mods ? like that makes it a bit less tricky ?

InFlamesForEver
x3tc

Post by InFlamesForEver » Thu, 19. Sep 13, 19:30

Yep those three work correctly for me. Although I stopped using Mars but that was because I didn't like the fact that it either caused a huge system drain by letting all AI use it or unbalanced the AI and myself because only I was able to use it.

As in boarding scripts? I know there are a load of them but I have never actually gotten to the point of using them yet. I have the marine transporter mod but never used it due to the fact I am still waiting for my marines to train so can't really comment.
In Flames We Trust

SG4tw
x4

Post by SG4tw » Fri, 20. Sep 13, 16:09

hmm what mod did that loot pickup thing, drones pick up loot ?

also i can see some videos in youtube that has color markings as glow in drones loot and enemy and friendlies, what mod is that ?

SG4tw
x4

Post by SG4tw » Fri, 20. Sep 13, 16:44

List of mods to make the game near perfect now at :

XRM
STO 1.57
Passanger to Marine
Mariners Repair mod
No gateframe mod

I will add next :

[MOD UI] Immersive GUI&HUD [TC/AP] V1.3 (18.09.2012)
[SCR] [X3TC+X3AP] [25.01.2009] [V3.7.1] SpaceLootTransporter
[SCRIPT] Remove Rocks from Universe *UPDATED*

SG4tw
x4

Post by SG4tw » Mon, 23. Sep 13, 09:02

XRM
STO 1.57
Passanger to Marine
Mariners Repair mod
No gateframe mod
[MOD UI] Immersive GUI&HUD [TC/AP] V1.3 (18.09.2012)
[SCR] [X3TC+X3AP] [25.01.2009] [V3.7.1] SpaceLootTransporter

This is a good basis for a new game, XRM installation guide is in InFlamesForever youtube links (signature) and the rest is easy pickings to addon folder etc, read all the mod threads (original posters) to get a clue.

=) sweet, its a bit hard @early game but once it starts to roll the game becomes very good and enjoyfull experience.

<3

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”