Did the Xenon J (or carriers in general) get a OOS combat buff? (X3:ap)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Hexdom

Did the Xenon J (or carriers in general) get a OOS combat buff? (X3:ap)

Post by Hexdom » Fri, 20. Sep 13, 20:20

Mostly what the subject says, X3:AP. Have a complex in Megnir, and had a Kyoto defending the East gate. In came a J with 4 Ls, and started attacking the Kyoto. Was watching, and was shocked to see my Kyoto's shield go down, and it lose half its hull to the J. Wrote it off as a fluke, moved an Osaka to East gate while gathered funds to repair the Kyoto. Few hours later, another J and 4 Ls come in, watch fight, and the Osaka loses! J still had 70% hull! Reloaded, jumped in a Skirnir, and launched 2 shadow barrages, Osaka still lost! Reloaded again, brought a second Osaka to East gate, and launched 4 Shadow barrages. Finally survived, but with 14% hull.

All ships were fully equipped, had used them to clear Xenon Sector 347 just the day before. Did Js get buffed? Terran Caps nerfed OOS? Just 2 flukes?

ThommoHawk
x4

Post by ThommoHawk » Fri, 20. Sep 13, 20:51

I'd say the J (and Q to an extent) give out a higher occurrence of damage against my 'doorstops', than they should. (I have two Megalodons and a Tyre minding the gate at Grand Exchange). But this is nothing new to me.

Some time back (maybe a year now?) when I had a cry about this I was informed (by one of the people over at mods looking at the oos balance for AP), that it is better not to open your map to view the oos battle and just let it go 'unwitnessed'.

My experience shows this seems true enough. Often when a J turns up and I view the oos playing out, then one of my M2's ends up limping off to the shipyard for repairs.

So now when I hear the announcement; 'your ships are under attack; grand exchange' I just save, and go on doing stuff, and my gate blockade seems to succeed without any damage.

I now tend to follow the battle using the property menu, which also displays the ships being attacked - without the negative effect oos map viewing gives.... somehow it is less fun not seeing the fight oos, but I got tired of watching those shields go down and hulls getting trashed ...

On the other hand it is worth mentioning that a pair of Megalodons in Thyns Abyss have occasionally coped well with Xenon I's ... so go figure...
[XTrilogy]: Holy Argnu cows! I have found it! An asteroid of pure ore - 100% - I am rich! Now, I just need to find one like that made from silicon. hmmm, where do I want to go today?
X REBIRTH? "JUST A TOURIST until X4 IS RELEASED! Because That SUPERNOVA sure went FUBAR" (Quoting T.Hawk. Read all about it at: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=353678) :x3:

firestorm79
x4

Post by firestorm79 » Fri, 20. Sep 13, 22:06

Mealodons are beasts.

So viewing oos combats through the sector map have an effect on its outcome???

Gonna start capping some xenon Is now that I have about 40 maxed marines...

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”