Shady Business aka Advanced X3 Albion Prelude

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

phantomrock2
x4

Shady Business aka Advanced X3 Albion Prelude

Post by phantomrock2 » Fri, 20. Sep 13, 21:09

Doing this Shady Business plot & it's not for the timid at heart I must say.
I'm doing the part where there is the 6-12 hours of threats & attacks. These darn Yaki & Jonferco will jump into the same sector that you have used the UFJD! If you try to jump to another sector they will follow you as well. Keep some heavy missile frigates & M2s around your PHQ because the Yaki & Jonferco are crazy about (trying to) taking it out! Provided you have taken sides with Strong Arms Corp... & when you are doing the find scientist part tell the Split to go away & have two game save instances just in case you slip up somewhere in the plot you can go back. I'm mostly in Terran space & these dirty jokers still find their way in. Just for this I jumped into senator badlands with 5 Kyotos & leveled the whole sector. I don't care what they have for sell either.
[" thank you "]

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Fri, 20. Sep 13, 23:59

I found it best not to have any stations of my own until those attack waves are done with.

firestorm79
x4

Post by firestorm79 » Sat, 21. Sep 13, 02:45

they are rather insistent...

tbh I never found them to be too troublesome. M7s at the most... I was looking forward to some destroyer vs destroyer battles, but that never happened!

SirDeathwalker
x4

Post by SirDeathwalker » Sat, 21. Sep 13, 04:55

my solution was the "ring of fire" laser tower script (in a double layered englobement configuration).... the stations never got a scratch (and only lost a few towers... I didn't even replace, though some were knocked slightly out of position) My patrolling M2 never got close enough to engage.

it worked both IS and OOS (jumped in to an expanding cloud of plasma as only evidence of battle)

-I guess rings of 20 at ~5-7k and rings of 32 at 9 to 10k May have been a bit of overkill :twisted:

on a side note... the fireworks were pretty to watch

the script is easier, but they can be manually placed, it is just very painstaking and tedious. (either way is expensive)

phantomrock2
x4

Acinonyx & Miscalculation

Post by phantomrock2 » Sat, 21. Sep 13, 15:38

The way I see it is that 31% of hull & whatever you get after scooping up the rest just isn't enough to evade the xenon in that unknown sector. So looks like I'm going to have to do this the hard way. At least we could be able to find the wares first guys... This leaves me with no other option but repair the hull to 100% before I do ANYTHING else! It just isn't working no matter what tactics I have used so far.
[" thank you "]

firestorm79
x4

Re: Acinonyx & Miscalculation

Post by firestorm79 » Sat, 21. Sep 13, 18:09

phantomrock2 wrote:The way I see it is that 31% of hull & whatever you get after scooping up the rest just isn't enough to evade the xenon in that unknown sector. So looks like I'm going to have to do this the hard way. At least we could be able to find the wares first guys... This leaves me with no other option but repair the hull to 100% before I do ANYTHING else! It just isn't working no matter what tactics I have used so far.
Sounds like you're talking about the xenon graveyard bit.

Big tip: get turbo mk1 BEFORE going to lost order. It will stay on your ships (as well as any other equipment, so you might want to get a trading system extension too so that you can keep tabs with your factories and other ships whilst floating about in that desolate space).

You won't even need ecells to boost around because it will use your laser battery, which u won't need as you're not really going to be fighting the xenon.

phantomrock2
x4

Uhhhh yeah

Post by phantomrock2 » Sat, 21. Sep 13, 18:40

I'm on Mac so turbo boost for me but my best bet now is to repair the ship to full hull because I don't & won't have much wiggle room after I scan & solve puzzles. But probably would have been better to make the wares my challenging to get than getting away from Xenon
[" thank you "]

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Sat, 21. Sep 13, 18:56

I settled my base in Argon Sector M148, so I had no problems.
Argon/split military killed all assassins for me.

phantomrock2
x4

Smart

Post by phantomrock2 » Sat, 21. Sep 13, 19:28

Earth ultimatum IV. wrote:I settled my base in Argon Sector M148, so I had no problems.
Argon/split military killed all assassins for me.
[" thank you "]

firestorm79
x4

Re: Uhhhh yeah

Post by firestorm79 » Sat, 21. Sep 13, 19:41

phantomrock2 wrote:I'm on Mac so turbo boost for me but my best bet now is to repair the ship to full hull because I don't & won't have much wiggle room after I scan & solve puzzles. But probably would have been better to make the wares my challenging to get than getting away from Xenon
No bonus pack for mac? That's a shame. Full hull it is then. Use seta repair. You should also see hull plating fairly soon so u don't have to do 100% hull, maybe around 75...

phantomrock2
x4

As We Speak

Post by phantomrock2 » Sat, 21. Sep 13, 20:39

firestorm79 wrote:
phantomrock2 wrote:I'm on Mac so turbo boost for me but my best bet now is to repair the ship to full hull because I don't & won't have much wiggle room after I scan & solve puzzles. But probably would have been better to make the wares my challenging to get than getting away from Xenon
No bonus pack for mac? That's a shame. Full hull it is then. Use seta repair. You should also see hull plating fairly soon so u don't have to do 100% hull, maybe around 75...
Yeah the Mac port from egosoft not VP hasn't been on steam for too long. It's still in beta as well. Tried copying the folder from a PC & dropping it in the Mac addon folder to no avail. & yeah as I am watching this topic I now have 85% hull integrity. So after do that scanning & decrypting I won't have much time to flounder about the sector looking for wares. On that same token this ship doesn't tàke greatly with flying into these crates. So I will need all speed & hull I can get while the xenon are not here.
[" thank you "]

eldyranx3
xr

Post by eldyranx3 » Sat, 21. Sep 13, 23:04

firestorm79 wrote:I was looking forward to some destroyer vs destroyer battles, but that never happened!
The reprisal forces grow in number and strength every hour, so you may have gotten an unlucky (or lucky depending on how you see it) roll on the RNG for duration of that scene.
Spoiler
Show
There is an exception though, if you used Jonferco's hackers earlier in the plot (accepted the hint offers) but allied instead with Strong Arms or Beryll, the head of Jonferco R&D will get quite miffed at being used. The forces he sends start off at higher strength and only get worse from there every hour, so if its destroyers you want gunning after you ...

hsung
x3tc

Re: Shady Business aka Advanced X3 Albion Prelude

Post by hsung » Mon, 23. Sep 13, 00:12

phantomrock2 wrote: If you try to jump to another sector they will follow you as well. Keep some heavy missile frigates & M2s around your PHQ
Yeah, I had a couple of M2's, M7's, etc. towards the end of the 10th hour. However, they simply jumped out after destroying my complex, hence I only had to purchase/rebuild the complex kits.

If they happen to jump into your sectors after a game save, you can reload and they will jump into another sector where you may have allies to help you :wink:

ahddib
x4

Post by ahddib » Mon, 23. Sep 13, 02:41

Just have the hyperion and 500 wraith missiles to solve those problems you guys have.

Lasertowers work wonders OOS. I have a lasertower factory complex. A fully loaded TL with lasertowers>drop freight>10 minutes then BAM M2s melt instantly.

I dropped these babies in a xenon sector and would lead the hapless xenon I's towards the array and lol when my FPS dropped to 5 as they ceased to be.
Game Player, Designer, Fanatic

LTerSlash
x4

Post by LTerSlash » Tue, 24. Sep 13, 05:49

Wait, you are telling me that someone gona attempt to get through that gate? for real?

http://i.imgur.com/dBOeQWu.jpg

ahddib
x4

Post by ahddib » Tue, 24. Sep 13, 07:01

LTerSlash wrote:Wait, you are telling me that someone gona attempt to get through that gate? for real?

http://i.imgur.com/dBOeQWu.jpg
I'd take you on in just my hyperion ;)

Turbo boost away, spam wraiths repeat, lawl

If there's an m7m it is primary target as it is the only one even capable of touching me hah. (not very familiar with terran ships as I hate living in their gateless sectors.
Game Player, Designer, Fanatic

LTerSlash
x4

Post by LTerSlash » Tue, 24. Sep 13, 09:08

Thats what the Springblossoms are for.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”