Have nothing to do on your android? I need an X2 the game.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Would you buy x2 on android?

Yes
34%
No
29%
Depends on the price
14%
I don't own anything Android
23%

Total votes: 35

tijcker
x4

Have nothing to do on your android? I need an X2 the game.

Post by tijcker » Sun, 22. Sep 13, 23:15

I would love x2 on android as all the other games on play are rubbish. Or if you can push it X3:-) I really struggle to find anything to keep my mind on with the rest of the games there they just don't compete with X

Masochisto
x3tc

Post by Masochisto » Mon, 23. Sep 13, 05:09

Im not sure how I would play a game from this series without a keyboard, mouse and joystick and with only a touch screen.

A similar game optimized for touch screen would be interesting tho.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Mon, 23. Sep 13, 12:34

Terraria is out on Android now :).

As Masochisto says, I don't think X would adapt very well to a touchscreen.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Mon, 23. Sep 13, 13:16

Carlo the Curious wrote: As Masochisto says, I don't think X would adapt very well to a touchscreen.
I dunno--you could probably steer the ship by holding your finger on the screen in the direction you wanted to go, similar to the way X3TC's mouse control works. The issue would be, how would you fire the guns if you were doing that?

Rive
x3tc

Post by Rive » Mon, 23. Sep 13, 13:24

pjknibbs wrote: The issue would be, how would you fire the guns if you were doing that?
You would need a multi-touch display.

For me the real issue would be the display size.

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Mon, 23. Sep 13, 15:13

pjknibbs wrote:
Carlo the Curious wrote: As Masochisto says, I don't think X would adapt very well to a touchscreen.
I dunno--you could probably steer the ship by holding your finger on the screen in the direction you wanted to go, similar to the way X3TC's mouse control works. The issue would be, how would you fire the guns if you were doing that?
That would royally suck the immersion out of the game :roll:

Masochisto
x3tc

Post by Masochisto » Mon, 23. Sep 13, 19:52

You could steer and make directional selections by tilting the device, firing could be performed with a touch, or with a button.

The more complex interactions would be even more awkward than they are in the existing interface.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 23. Sep 13, 19:56

I don't have an android phone so the question is irrelevant. :P
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

tijcker
x4

Post by tijcker » Thu, 26. Sep 13, 01:33

I was thinking the micromanagement would be a key factor for using the tablet as it is mainly a menu driven game.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 26. Sep 13, 01:44

Mine's mainly a joystick-driven game. :mrgreen: 8)
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

NavyAICS
x3tc

Post by NavyAICS » Thu, 26. Sep 13, 09:33

Carlo the Curious wrote:Terraria is out on Android now :).

As Masochisto says, I don't think X would adapt very well to a touchscreen.
You could always try "Galaxy on Fire 2 HD" for Android. I would love to see the X-series on Android but, all the menus would have to be reworked to make it a similar to interact, and be able to maneuver your ship. It would probably have to be more "Freelancer" style to really make it work. Just my 2 cents.
TRAMPLE THE WEAK, HURDLE THE DEAD!

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Thu, 26. Sep 13, 12:57

Come on guys you're being unimaginative. If one can play GTA on the mobile device X2 should be a doodle in control terms at least lol.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Thu, 26. Sep 13, 13:26

I voted No - IMO an X game is really too heavy weight for the consoles never mind the typical Android device.

I liked the thought though.
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

SmackinJuice
x3tc

Post by SmackinJuice » Thu, 26. Sep 13, 21:32

Galaxy on fire 2 is the closet thing you are going on get on android. I highly recommend it too!

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Thu, 26. Sep 13, 21:36

Lord Dakier wrote:Come on guys you're being unimaginative. If one can play GTA on the mobile device X2 should be a doodle in control terms at least lol.
X2 has a little thing called "the third dimension" that GTA never really suffered from--unless you had a version with flying cars? :wink: Comparing the two games in terms of control scheme is a bit pointless, therefore.

efernal
x3tc

Post by efernal » Sat, 28. Sep 13, 04:43

Could use internal sensors in the phone for flight control. A single button for weapons fire wither another one to switch to turrets (assuming that this version runs a simple ai script to have the guns fire instead of crews). A mini scroll wheel icon on the other side to change targets and another button below it to dock. Then use another interface for once inside.

There would also be one last button for opening up your fleet / station list and manage it from that screen. It's not that it would be impossible to port X-2 to a phone. It would be difficult to find someone to make the changes that would work with a phone in the first place. That and the money needed to pay the people that worked on the project. Unless it's a group of modders that do it free of charge other than getting their names in the credits.
Those Damn alien bastards are gonna pay for blowing up my ride!
--Duke Nukem 3D

dubnium
x3tc

Post by dubnium » Sun, 29. Sep 13, 14:17

Lord Dakier wrote:Come on guys you're being unimaginative. If one can play GTA on the mobile device X2 should be a doodle in control terms at least lol.
just because you can doesn't mean you should. i tried playing gta on a friend's tablet and it was a perfectly distasteful experience. i cannot imagine how awful an x game would be with a touch interface.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”