What plot-lines are available in terran conflict but not albion prelude?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

rabcor
x3ap

What plot-lines are available in terran conflict but not albion prelude?

Post by rabcor » Thu, 26. Sep 13, 02:57

I was wondering about what plots i can't do in X3 AP that i can in TC because i'd really like to try all the storylines, if i know which ones are TC exclusive, i can jump into TC, finish them and then go back to albion prelude.

So which plot stories are only available in X3TC and which ones are available in AP?

ajmthefalconer
x3tc

Post by ajmthefalconer » Thu, 26. Sep 13, 03:17

All of the plots in TC are exclusive. AP has all new ones.

rabcor
x3ap

Post by rabcor » Thu, 26. Sep 13, 05:32

then which plots are in ap and which onse are in tc? the wiki tends not to say.

ajmthefalconer
x3tc

Post by ajmthefalconer » Thu, 26. Sep 13, 06:15

Off the top of my head, TC has:
Terran plot, OFF, HUB, Treasure Hunt, Balance of Power, A New Home. I think there's another 1 or 2, but I can't recall.
AP has: the Albion plot for commonwealth starts, operation Loose Ends for terran starts, HUB (though this is different from the TC one), HQ plot, Corporate Troubles, Shady Business, and one about finding a new sector.

firestorm79
x4

Post by firestorm79 » Thu, 26. Sep 13, 08:35

Plus TC has the corporation missions, if you can count them as plots...

AP has equivilant plots to TC, but they are not the same. Such as HUB plot and New Home, and you get the same/similar plot rewards to TC from AP plots (i.e. UFJD).

But AP wins as it has shady business... the best X-series plot. ever.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Thu, 26. Sep 13, 14:36

With TC plots i had one bad experience, by the time i started the HUB plot, i achieved almost everything i wanted - and then the HUB plot took almost as much time to finish as i spent playing so far.
There i was with all the ships, complexes, weapons and whatever i wanted with no real opposition, or any interesting thing to do.
And after the hub plot i got the PHQ - but i only used it to repaint my ships because i didn't really need more - and even if i did buying/boarding them would have been quicker.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”