X3:TC - Terran Shipyards don't sell factories!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Talinoth
x4

X3:TC - Terran Shipyards don't sell factories!

Post by Talinoth » Thu, 26. Sep 13, 04:57

My character origin is the Terran Defender, I've completed the starting plotline
Spoiler
Show
(taken the Aldrin dudes back to Earth and "CONGRATULATIONS"in big letters appears)
I'm about 5 and a half days into the game, I have 46 million credits burning a hole in my pocket, and I want to set up a third complex - complete, self sufficient, and on home soil, so I can make EMPCs for the fleet I'm going to build.

I'm on the latest patch for TC (3.2), and I don't usually have problems with bugs

There's one problem.

THE TERRAN SHIPYARDS ONLY SELL SHIPS! WHY DON'T THEY SELL FACTORIES TOO?

How will I block off Xenon gates with triads of Osakas if I can't give my ships weapons? 0.0

Maybe Terrans don't sell factories until Albion Prelude? I'm confused, and I'm also slightly frustrated because there's a massive financial opportunity under my nose that I can't capitalise on.

I can certainly just buy a half dozen more Mistrals, and send them to stock up all of the weapons forges that already exist in Terran territory and equip my (future) Osakas at my shield complex in Getsu Fune... but I just feel like that's not as fun, you know?

So anyway, are Terran Shipyards supposed to sell factories in TC, or am I simply doomed to leave the Sol System undeveloped?

vr01
x4

Post by vr01 » Thu, 26. Sep 13, 05:01

Once you complete one of the plots and I can't remember which one, you get access to buy Terran factories.

Talinoth
x4

Post by Talinoth » Thu, 26. Sep 13, 05:03

Oh, if it's something I can unlock later, that takes a load off my chest. Tyvm.

I was starting to think I'd never be able to create a Terran themed fleet, ever.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Thu, 26. Sep 13, 05:23

Go ye forth and have fun, Terran stations will come along in due time. But have a lot of fun because 'due time' is quite a ways down the road.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

pref
x4

Post by pref » Thu, 26. Sep 13, 14:27

You won't be able to build all weapon and missile fabs - it might worth checking if the ones you need will be available. Otherwise make sure those NPC fabs are not erased by the time you built your fleet.
Dock a ship there, or feed it with traders and buy the products.

thelastslaith

Post by thelastslaith » Thu, 26. Sep 13, 16:39

The plot that unlocks it is called Aldrin and is quite a way into the game.
Spoiler
Show
problem is that to start this mission you will need to be part way throught the hub plot (which would be very slow without any fabs). Also to start the Aldrin plot I think you need to have completed a couple of other plots but these are not so long and don't require huge amounts of reasources

otherwise you could look into boarding some TLs. Ive not done it myself but Ive read that you can get some GoD fabs from TLs.
TLS

eldyranx3
xr

Post by eldyranx3 » Fri, 27. Sep 13, 17:02

I found it kinda odd that you are Terran and have to still jump through so many hoops to get a Protein Paste Factory in X3TC. If you don't mind modifying your game, check my sig for a modification to give you earlier access to most Terran factories in X3TC.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”