X-BtF - Game music is mono? Windows 8

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

radio1one

X-BtF - Game music is mono? Windows 8

Post by radio1one » Thu, 26. Sep 13, 13:05

Hi all,

So I saw the X Superbox on Humble Bundle the other day, and it reminded me to spin up my copy of X-BtF on Steam - which I've done.

But - correct me if I'm wrong - I remember the music being stereo - or am I just having false memories?

The effects audio is mixed to stereo - as I come near stations and the like, I can hear the effects mixing either to the left or right, but the music is always mono?

FYI, I'm running Windows 8 - and I've tried all the various combinations under the advanced audio settings.

Cheers!

SpaceSimSam

Post by SpaceSimSam » Sun, 17. Nov 13, 13:36

I also have this problem with X3Rebirth, on Win7 64bit, where the music occasionally play in mono, even though the MP3 in the folder is stereo.

Helios01
xr

Post by Helios01 » Tue, 19. Nov 13, 16:07

Wow you can run BtF on Win8? I always have it in widow mode with low fps, what magic did you use please??

Anyways.. Egosoft said we should disable some sound codec things at ffdshow, well I had a similiar problem (X2 and X3 music was in low quality, not sure about stereo/mono) and I didn't find such thing to be installed in my computer. After desperately trying to fix it for weeks I've decided to install the thing and enable the audio codecs for X games, well whoala it works normally now -perhaps could also help you?
"If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars" - Carl Sagan

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”